Is eye contact a more important sign of interest in Taiwan than in the US?

Generally more relaxed, friendly, etc. including eye contact as you escape Taipei area.

Your such an expert, but I’m married what would I know. :wink:

2 Likes

so eye contact from a girl in Taipei could mean interest more than in central and southern Taiwan?

it’s just based on what locals have told me so far.

They also tell you that stinky tofu is nice.

3 Likes

I kept glancing at a waitress at a hot pot restaurant once. She then told her co-worker that this guy keeps giving me attention. She said it with a huge smile on her face. It would’ve been awkward to engage her as we’re strangers.

most girls in Taiwan aren’t receptive to cold approaches lol

:open_mouth: what a stereotype.

it’s just based on what I’ve seen so far.

Local males? :joy:

Not the experience I have at all. I’ve found Taiwanese women just love having new experiences and fun that they can show off to their friends.

I suppose some taiwanese girls do make an exception for certain foreigners.

All I know is this makes me feel less shitty about googling things like this as an adult. :joy:

Alexa if a man says hello does he want me?!

I think if they don’t break contact it’s a good sign. I personally don’t like men approaching me though. Then again Taiwanese men usually approach me to tell me they “love” me even though they can’t see my face… :expressionless:

She didn’t have a mask on?

That is your hangup not her.

1 Like

this was in 2019.

if a Taiwanese woman doesn’t break eye contact?

ROFMAO! I would think Expat picking up Taiwanese girls would be super easy right now. “Hey baby, I got a ticket to get you out…”

I’m a returnee. I was born here and moved to the US when I was 8. I returned to Taiwan when I was 25.

1 Like

do you mind if a man politely says hello, and makes small talk, respects your boundaries and leaves if you’re not interested in chatting.

there was this one time I was on the phone with a friend who moved back to Latin America. We alternated between English and Spanish. A group of young Taiwanese girls started staring at me LOL