Is forumosa getting tame?

• Yep
  • Nope
  • It’s the mods fault
  • It’s the new posters fault
  • If it’s tame then it’s time to get a ‘life’
  • We could do with some fresh air

0 voters

Well that seems to be the consensus from a few people I’ve talked to.

What do you think?

I don’t know, but I’d say a title fix for your thread is in order:

Edit:

Almost there now:

Edit:

Ah, that’s better.

[quote=“Toasty”]I don’t know, but I’d say a title fix for your thread is in order:

Edit:

Almost there now:

Total change, happy now? :laughing:

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Toasty”]I don’t know, but I’d say a title fix for your thread is in order:

Edit:

Almost there now:

Total change, happy now? :laughing:[/quote]

Lookin’ good. :thumbsup:

Perhaps we just need to shuffle people around. People who post in IP should be divided up and assigned to post in some other forums. Half the girls in the women’s forum should be put into Sports and Dating and Relationships, the guys from Sports/Games should be admitted into the Women’s forum under false pretenses, and everyone who isn’t a Mod should become Mods while all the current Mods get reborn as Smurfs.

That happens regularly. Do you like the result? :smiley:

I’ll get back to you when I think of a snappy retort.

1. overcome snobism
  2. overcome rudeness
  3. jokes/fun should be kept to the temporary forum
  4. overcome cliquism
  5. mods should be examples, not instigators themselves

I think we need a “Sour Cream” Forum for all the in-jokes.

Yep, those in-jokes may be a deterrent.

A perfect example of why I think it’s not so much fun anymore happened between the time I left this morning and the time I got back.

Someone posted some garbage like “It’s fun if you’re white and don’t have a chip on your shoulder.” JDSmith replied with something like “WTF? You’re stupid.” Then I replied (after doing the footwork of finding the picture and link to wikipedia) with something like:

[quote=“miltownkid”]
Do Not Feed The Troll!
(What is a Troll?)

(especially white dickweed ones) Note: username was dickweed[/quote]

Now, I’m sure whatever mod deleted it thought it was an easy call. Someone trolling, delete. Though in the process, my anti-troll post got deleted. Not that big a deal I suppose, but it’s fun for me to post anti-troll posts. It’s not fun when they get deleted. This is just another post in a long line of posts that have been deleted, moved or merged.

I understand when one post every now and again gets moved/deleted/merged, but it has started to become an almost daily occurrence to my posts it seems. Another one I was upset about was this one [“How Many Condoms Can You Wear At Once”]

I have a feeling that I’m not the only one bothered by things like this, which is why there is a decrease in the amount of “entertaining” posts. I think the forums need a little “dirt” (like people trolling and silliness.) Otherwise things get boring (like they seem to be now for me.) All the slicing and dicing of my post have made me more hesitant to post anything anywhere. I’ve even started looking for other forums to post on for the first time since I registered (to get my forum posting fix.)

Now I understand the general ups and downs of internet forums, but the current down seems to be a lot longer than usual (to me.) Might just be me though.

[/babbling rant]

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“llama_lout”]I think we need a “Sour Cream” Forum for all the in-jokes.[/quote]Yep, those in-jokes may be a deterrent.[/quote]I like cheese.
How do you get your whites ‘white.’? If I completely ignore all of Taiwans immigration and teaching laws why do they want to deport me? What is this itchy rash on my feet/crotch/head? Why are these people so “different” here? If I sign something, and I don’t know what it says, can they really use this against me? How do I use a squat toilet? Mommy, that man/women was mean and lied to me! …etc…:unamused:

MTK, I said he was being an asshole.

I don’t like the flames, as I see too many of them in IP, and then I have to actually work. Maybe if you like that kind of snake vs mongoose posting you could hop into IP or TP and throw some figurative flipperoos.

[quote=“jdsmith”]MTK, I said he was being an asshole.

I don’t like the flames, as I see too many of them in IP, and then I have to actually work. Maybe if you like that kind of snake vs mongoose posting you could hop into IP or TP and throw some figurative flipperoos.[/quote]
I suppose, but I don’t know anything about polotics execpt it being political. That delete/flame wasn’t so bad, but there have been other moves/flames/merges that have been suspect. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, it’s just speculation as to why things are seeming more tame to me.

Or maybe it’s as simple as the weather getting better and people are doing things like going outside to have fun. :noway:

I think a little tit for tat gave foromusa a bit of edge and spice. But when it began to escalate to a physical danger for two posters I agree that things needed to be slowed down a bit. But it doesn’t hurt to have a good spat once in a while

.65nt

Miltownkid…I can’t believe the condom thing was deleted, that is Waaaaayyyyy cool. We need more of this stuff and as far as I can tell it was relevant to the original thread which was about buying larger condoms…shame on the mod who removed it.

I disagree. I did not not enjoy our last flameout in any way shape or form. Getting mad at someone posting words online is bizarre behavior in my book.

Mod Lang’s girlfriend wrote [quote]But when it began to escalate to a physical danger for two posters I agree that things needed to be slowed down a bit.[/quote]

:astonished: what u talkin’ about Willis!
Damn it, I miss all the fun. Those bastard hall monitors keep breaking up the fights.

hmm ok so I am pretty new here so let me see things I have gotten from forumosa that I would say were fun.

1. Got a job
  2. Found out about a great hike although I went to the wrong station
  3. Discovered that there is no place in Taipei where I can buy size 47 shoes.

In the meantime I was never flamed, peopled were helpful and pretty much courteous.

I don’t think flame wars = fun so for me forumosa is a fun place I really don’t notice the mods, so far only one thread I was involved in was modified and that wasn’t a big deal just some guy saying a girl was dumb for sleeping with a guy and me saying he was overcoming his own shortcomings.

I am not sure what forumosa was like a few years ago but I have been a memeber of other online communities like ./ and k5 and let me tell you forumosa is a lot more fun/troll free than those places.

[quote=“snafu”]hmm ok so I am pretty new here so let me see things I have gotten from forumosa that I would say were fun.

1. Got a job
  2. Found out about a great hike although I went to the wrong station
  3. Discovered that there is no place in Taipei where I can buy size 47 shoes.

In the meantime I was never flamed, peopled were helpful and pretty much courteous.

I don’t think flame wars = fun so for me forumosa is a fun place I really don’t notice the mods, so far only one thread I was involved in was modified and that wasn’t a big deal just some guy saying a girl was dumb for sleeping with a guy and me saying he was overcoming his own shortcomings.

I am not sure what forumosa was like a few years ago but I have been a memeber of other online communities like ./ and k5 and let me tell you forumosa is a lot more fun/troll free than those places.[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words, snafu. I’m glad to hear that your forumosa experience is a positive one. As for me, I know the moderators here do a great job with little thanks, so I’m sure they appreciate your words as well. :slight_smile: