Is it all the KMT's fault?

Lien Zhans son did a good job of avoiding military service as well

Except that even if SC leaves New York for Taiwan within minutes of news of an attack or invasion, he’ll be way, way too late to find any front line at all. :laughing:

he can still find the middle line or the back line

Don’t forget that all the KMT’ers once abid by the “let’s get mainland again”, so this will be their greatest chance. Ma will be the first one to arrive 300 frag counts.

once all the multi passport holders leave who will be left?

the poor taiwanese who votes for DPP and cannot have guanxi to get a second nationality, although that is obviously “forbidden” by law…

boogie - :slight_smile: what i was implying

Let me paraphrase you to make a point:

Your point misses. China does indeed factor a lot as we’ve seen President Chen use the China card to get elected twice, via a lot of people who apparently do care about China, in your words “TI Nutjobs”. (interesting because I wouldn’t even go so far as implying that). Heck the majority of this forum prefers eventual and careful De Jure Independence. Are you going to accuse most of us of being “TI Nutjobs”? Seriously… TI isn’t bad for Taiwan. The unification of the Chinese race isn’t end all, again 4000 years and where is China now?

Anyway save for a very slim few, I’ve met far more crazy unificationists than any TI crazies.

AC Dropout, CCTANG, and You, have to really stop making stupid personal assumptions about me, or what other proponents of eventual TI feel, simply because I do not agree with your ideals… you don’t know what you’re talking about because I usually spend at least 2-4 months every year in Taiwan. No offense. My extended family also owns more than 10 factories in China… so… how your experience stacks up to what we collectively experie… eh whatever. I’m tired I have a plane to catch in a few hours. Again, you guys are either stalking the wrong person, or just making up trash.

Defending Taiwan becoming a lonely place? I don’t think so, the United States has vowed to defend Taiwan, and has actually come to action everytime China thought it was wise to saber rattle. Hint: Mao was stopped from taking Kinmen and Matzu when the 5th was sent in. Then there were missile tests in which Clinton sent in the fleet. More recently there was a particularly unprecedented military exercise to the sound of Summer Heat 2000-something involving a whole crapload of mega carriers. Its a futile effort to try to convince everyone that Japans and the US’s pact to defend Taiwan, is rubbish because so far history has proven you wrong.

Doubt what?
Did I not write “Give me liberty or give me death”? Did I not write that a few times too? Sheesh. How many Americans had to die to gain freedom from the British? Think things like this do not come at a cheap price. Oh yeah, democracy and human rights come by easily, just sit idly by for a communist government, credited for killing 60 million of its own citizens, promises that democracy will probably never come to China, and you know what? Guess what happens? Human rights, and civil liberties have actually gone WORSE in China.

I do not imagine that America would have became a country if a bunch of British colonists sat around mourning over an impending doom.

[quote=“sandman”]
Except that even if SC leaves New York for Taiwan within minutes of news of an attack or invasion, he’ll be way, way too late to find any front line at all.[/quote]
Not necessarily. Most military experts say that Taiwan’s frontline is not at the shores facing China. Its rather in the center area, where it is much easier to defend. Chinese soldiers would have to climb upwards making them easy targets. America’s carrier groups would likely use Taiwan itself as a shield to lower the chances that China’s subs will get through. So it will take days at best. It took America more than a week to take Iraq and that was with a much much more superior force. China doesn’t have the power or the infrastructure to support such an attack to overtake Taiwan that quickly considering the militaries aren’t that lopsided. Finally, Taiwan has been deemed as one of the most easily defendable places in Asia.

Anyway, that doesn’t anticipate how stupid some KMT military officers are.

Also, if CCTang were to convince his favorite party that its time to attack and invade now, I leave for Taiwan in a few hours anyway. So i’ll be in Taiwan on Sunday morning.

“Techo, tierra, trabajo, pan, salud, educación, independencia, democracia, libertad,
estas fueran nuestras demandas en la larga noche de los 500 años,
estas son hoy nuestras exigencias.”

“A roof, land, work, bread, health, education, independency, democracy, freedom, these have been our demands in the great 500 years night, these are our demands today”
Emiliano Zapata

I could transcribe all the speech, but this is the only part that matters. In the same basic sentence, the demands for the Taiwanese are the same demands for the Chiapas (and basically all Mexicans). How much of these was ever given by the KMT/Japan/China?

Shrimp,

For someone who lives in the USA, how can you be so sure that the USA will defend Taiwan if TI instigates a military action with the PRC.

All the events leading to PRC naval officers participating in this years USA war games in the Pacific, points to a reality that is slightly different than what you are advocating.

Maybe you live a sheltered life. But do you really believe that your family that owns 10 factories in the PRC is willing to risk their investment over political idealogy? Most business people I meet are very pragmatic on this point.

Perhaps in the future when you rise in the family business, and the future of your employees and extended family members are dependent on your decision, you will read your post in amusement at the follies of youth.

Did you know your counterparts, college students in ROC, have an entirely different opinion of war with the PRC.

thechinadesk.tripod.com/dying_for_ti.htm

• Raise the white flag and surrender: 18.1%
  • Wait to die: 19.2%
  • Wait for US or other troops to come to the rescue: 21.9%
  • Resist to the end: 28.6%
  • Other: 12.2%

So while you are part of the 28% that wants to die. The vast majority of ROC college student (the best and brightest of Taiwan, like CSB) 72% will just watch you die on the Western front.

I hope your Mandarin is up to speed to be a grunt in the ROC armed forces. They pick on country bumpkins that cannot speak Mandarin well. You don’t want to hear the stories I’ve heard from fellow ABC that accidently been drafted into service. You know you can get most of basic training off if you elect to be circumcised by the on base doctor in training…

Not to mention many of the KMT leadership on Taiwan post WWII, were Japanese educated. So the corruption occured with Japanese educated KMT leadership using a Japanese built infrastructure on Taiwan.

However, many Japanese were Chinese educated a few centuries earlier…