Is it alright to trust a Taiwanese man for marriage?

Initial Public Offering, ie., a company selling itself on the Stock Market. He was making a joke about your ‘market value’.

In very broad terms I would say Taiwanese people are trustworthy - that is, they are not notably more manipulative or self-centered than the human average. The culture does not (again in broad terms) encourage people to scam, cheat, or otherwise abuse others. However there is a definite prejudice against South Asians in general. That doesn’t mean EVERYONE is racist, but it is a real thing. So it does matter where you’re from.

However, that’s really not the point, is it? All that matters is: do you trust THIS guy, and his family? If you have to even ask the question, you probably don’t.

Personally I wouldn’t recommend marriage to anyone, but that’s because I’m a grumpy middle-aged man who married the wrong person.

I have to comment on this because it’s important. Your body does not belong to “your culture”. It belongs to you. If you believe that your cultural view on this subject has merit, then by all means follow it. However, if you are simply doing what you’re told, you’re going to have an empty and unfulfilling life, full of regrets for things you didn’t do. Becoming an adult involves examining our own beliefs and the beliefs of others, deciding whether they are wrong or right, and rejecting them if necessary.

Basically, +1 to all of those responses saying you should finish your studies and keep control over your own life.

1 Like

Well said @finley

And 加油…

1 Like

You don’t have to have the kids and all right now. You can wait and do that stuff later, you can just hang out now , breed fish and stuff. My 2 cents 4 yah

Bad idea. Red flags everywhere. Forget about him and move on.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with @discobot ? After all, marriage is a crap shoot.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

So I pressed

@discobot fortune

again and got the message, “Body is too similar to what you recently posted.”

:crystal_ball: Most likely

So there ya go. Your future happiness and well-being, resolved through a few randomized answers. After all, we can’t leave a thing like this to chance!

1 Like

2 Likes

The law of supply and demand also applies to the dating market place. Single individuals need to product place themselves in the right demographic population to stand out among the competition. Being at the right place at the right time can mean everything when it comes to investment and the game of life. Interracial dating and marriages are becoming very popular nowadays . Here are some interesting facts and advice regarding the current interracial dating market among western men and women in the foreign dating market. Going abroad and entering the international pool may give you an edge to stand out among your peers and their ordinary life in suburbia.

How Western Men Prosper in Foreign Dating Markets - Red Pill Interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w63kPY2vmpE&t=214s

“Market”… “pool”…”investment”… “product place”… “red pill”… dude, you have some calculated and twisted perspectives about dating. It’s not an algorithm. People who approach it as such usually end up in shitty relationships, because they see other people as objects.

The secret is there is no secret. Just be a cool and genuine person, know what you want, and know your type. That’s it. Don’t listen to the above childish nonsense.

5 Likes

Also once you get married in Taiwan they (family) may push you to have kids, then you’ll be stuck at home minding them for years most likely and it would make leaving Taiwan or.getting divorced very difficult and you won’t be able to pursue work/career/study for many years. This is in your twenties I think too young don’t do this.

1 Like

And that is actually the best case scenario…

Admit it, you lifted that advice from Kung Fu Panda, didn’t you?

5 Likes

It’s a crap shoot is right

This is some Tom Cruise in Magnolia realness.

I hope I’m not stuck being taken care of by this generation :frowning:

Good luck girl. From the wounds of it, if you have to ask here you already know the answer, no?