Is it currently possible to obtain a China, Hong Kong or Macau visa while in Taiwan?

I actually did this once while being on a student visa in the US: Sent my passport to an agency in Germany which then applied for a PRC visa in my name and sent my passport (including the visa) back to the US. Worked flawlessly (though I was a bit uncomfortable being in the US without the passport which also contained my US visa…).

Thread title changed to be inclusive of discussion. :rainbow:

5 Likes

In December 2018 I went through Lion Travel Agency in Taoyuan to get Chinese visitor’s visa (a ten-year one at that). I know they had to send off my passport and it took about two weeks. I’m guessing Covid, maybe among other factors, has changed all of that.

1 Like

the first time I did this, the visa sticker showed it was issued in HK. the second time (same agency ) the visa was issued in San Francisco :slight_smile:
dont ask me why and how it made sense to send my passport to SF for a Chinese visa.

1 Like

I just looked at mine; it was issued in HK. Perhaps it was prudent of me to get the ten-year one but, honestly, I don’t really have any desire to visit China again.

3 Likes