Is it just me...or does Pope Benedict look evil?

…or does Pope Benedict look evil? Like some sort of twist of fate has made the new Pope remind me of Satan himself. Like a character in any one of the hundreds of films, paintings or photo’s that depict an evil being. Weird.

Just a thought.

(Sinister lookin man. creepy)

Some people would describe him as “avuncular”.

I think you mean he looks like Emperor Palpatine:

In this picture he seems OK. In the pictures where he seems a little sinister, his eyes are sunken and dark and for a gray man it looks odd.

Yeah, in a number of pics he looks rather sinister. “Avuncular”? Hardly! Doohan looked avuncular.

I was just being sarcastic.

:sunglasses:

This pic is to die for:

Clearly the Church would like to see more fire and brimstone from the pulpit.

[quote=“Rinkals”]Some people would describe him as “avuncular”.

[/quote]

Avuncular!? maybe Hitler or Satan’s uncle but not mine.

:astonished:

What, evil? Noooo, look at my avatar, he is cute!

He always gives me the feeling, he is a bit uncertain when he speaks to the masses and has this boyish “hehehe, I am pope, I am pope” attitude.

And he looks like Johnny Cash as well:

No way! Johnny Cash was hot.
Wonder what the pope looked like when he was still a strapping young lad.

He didn’t change much:

He didn’t change much:

[/quote]

Now…that’s funny. :notworthy:

You kleine b

I still say B16 sounds like a military aircraft. At least JP2 sounded like a rapper or a Star Wars character.

There’s something lacking in the new Pope. I can’t put my finger on it, but when I look at this picture it’s on the tip of my tongue:

He didn’t change much:

[/quote]

Hitler is so passe.

He didn’t change much:

[/quote]

I burst out laughing when I saw this picture. This is an actual picture of Ratzinger as a Youth:

Wait a minute…Cliffy from Cheers is the new Pope!!!
Wiiild…

Is it just me? I open this thread and see it’s about the pope and say to myself, “I could give a shit about the pope.” and then a couple of days later I forget what the thread was about and then I open this thread and see it’s about the pope and say to myself, “I could give a shit about the pope.” and then a couple of days later I forget what the thread was about and then …

Is it just me? A couple of days ago I notice that Richard’s new av is the Nazi Spock rather than the Fedora Spock.
And then yesterday, I notice that Richard has changed his av to the Nazi Spock from the Fedora Spock.
And then today I note that Richard’s av has changed to the Nazi Spock from the Fedora Spock…
Wiiiiiild…