Is it legal for a lawyer to lie in a warning letter?

To find the answers to your question follow these helpful steps:
Step one read this thread
[Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … highlight=](First of its kind: Legal Ethics in Chinese
Step two buy this extremely informative and lively book
美國法律倫理
The author is one of Taiwan’s leading authorities on legal ethics, which is an easy thing to be because there are so few who have even heard of the concept of legal ethics in Taiwan.

Step Three:
Keep in mind the important distinction, which Mother T., and some of the other folks pointed out, the distinction between:
Having a law
And
Enforcing a law.

No enforcement is dangerously close to no law. And in fact that is the situation we have in Taiwan. Enforcement (ha ha) of legal ethics is left to the county bar associations. That is the same as having a stupid mean stinking dog that bites people. Your solution to that is to put a leash on the stupid mean stinking dog and then----rather than holding the leash yourself, you put the leash in the fucking dogs mouth and tell him be good and do not bite people. The stupid mean stinking dog in this touching metaphor is the Taiwanese bar.

Self regulation does not work in Taiwan.

Be that as it may the black letter law answer is this. There are three sources for the law regulating Taiwanese attorneys. As somebody pointed out, attorneys are subject to the normal criminal law which makes things like fraud a crime.

As to the black letter law professional regulation, that comes from two sources. There is the Attorney Act (or Lawyer Law, whatever you want to name it) and the individual county bar associations also have their bylaws which are supposed to regulate the legal ethics of their members.

As to the Lawyer Law (Chinglish as in the original)
Article 28 An attorney shall not engage in fraudulent or beguiling acts towards their client, the court, prosecution agencies or judicial police.

Brian note: I always laugh at the beguiling choice of words. I see in my mind eye some hot local female attorney pulling up her skirt or leaning over to give the cleavage shot and beguiling the court, prosecution and judicial police. In any event back to the law.

Article 30 An attorney shall not, in his name or the name of another, post or publish notices amounting to deception or threats.

But none of this matters as Taiwans bench is quite fearful of the bar. And I mean what I said; judges fear high profile attorneys and fear the wrath of the larger bar associations, such as the Taipei Bar Association.

And that is what allows cunts, like the attorney represent the County Hag, to pull fucking stunts like blowing into court on the Country Hag’s case a half hour (30+ minutes) late and just waving off the judges scolding with a “oh, I do as I please I am the president’s friend”. And calling the judge “a parrot” in open court on the record when the judge told him to sit down and shut up.

It was all quite touching and really reflected the high place the rule of law and legal professionalism has in Taiwan. In a demented way Taiwanese attorneys have a lot in common with the old WWF professional wrestlers like Hulk Hogan and the Masked Interns. I am so glad I stopped caring about five or six years ago. Now Taiwanese legal reform is just a kind of low brow comedy for me. Which is fine, I do not have a t.v. so the courthouse is my t.v.

Dr. Legal Ethics