Is it legal to go naked?

[quote=“freethinker83”][quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]I don’t know the law for sure but as far as I can remember, you shall not cause public disturbance.
If you are in the gym or sauna, it is perfectly normal to be nude.
I guess the grade of nudity allowed depends on where you are.
Anyhow, as mentioned in previous posts, you don’t want to end up on the INTERNET like this.[/quote]
Exactly! You got it right on the nose…It actually is required to be nude at some of the hot springs in Taiwan. they absolutely will not let you in the water with any article of clothing on…so yes I think its perfectly legal to be nude in some places such as these.[/quote]

But those spas are all separated by sex. There are NO mixed sex nude spas in Taiwan. I have been told by several people that mixed sex nudity is illegal here.

Well, I’m not dallying nude on my balcony, pegging out laundry :slight_smile:.
But I hadn’t thought about youtube vids. Bring them on!!

In the Uk there’s an Indecent Exposure law, so if you’re parading naked (usually outside the home), you can be prosecuted for that. But I’ve read about people being done for indoor nudity - albeit usually the ones pressed up against the glass, clothes-free, staring out. And so I was thinking that given the general Taiwanese aversion to nudity, I should be more cautious.

Ach, to hell with it. Coming up next week - my first nude jog.

Oh yeah the you tube thing…I’ll come to that in a mo.

One of our bathrooms, the one we used, had no curtain, so if you’re taking a walk in the park and know to look up on the 10th floor when the lights are on, you could see us taking a shower (yes we’ve confirmed that much) if we happened to be showering in the evening. A lot of times, I’d come home from the pool and put out all the swim suits in the balcony after slipping out of mine, and those people in the other buildings with very big windows could keep a camera and take pics. Maybe they did.Who knows? The husband used to be on my case all the time about the youtube thing or pics being put on the net and this is what I said to him, " If after delivering 2 kids who weighed 4.5 kgs each, and 8-9 years of marriage, someone posts a pic/video of me and it gets ANY hits, I would be nothing but flattered…
and probably pay the guy
!" :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Bless them. :thumbsup:

1 Like

In the city of San Francisco, simple nudity has been declared in the law to be neither obscene nor lewd.

We’ll be waiting a long time for that in Taiwan. If you want nudity, go visit Thailand.

[quote=“divea”]Oh yeah the you tube thing…I’ll come to that in a mo.

One of our bathrooms, the one we used, had no curtain, so if you’re taking a walk in the park and know to look up on the 10th floor when the lights are on, you could see us taking a shower (yes we’ve confirmed that much) if we happened to be showering in the evening. A lot of times, I’d come home from the pool and put out all the swim suits in the balcony after slipping out of mine, and those people in the other buildings with very big windows could keep a camera and take pics. Maybe they did.Who knows? The husband used to be on my case all the time about the youtube thing or pics being put on the net and this is what I said to him, " If after delivering 2 kids who weighed 4.5 kgs each, and 8-9 years of marriage, someone posts a pic/video of me and it gets ANY hits, I would be nothing but flattered…
and probably pay the guy
!" :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

So what time should we all show up at the park across the street?

Bless them. :thumbsup:[/quote]
They will still scream and call the police though.

Bless them. :thumbsup:[/quote]
They will still scream and call the police though.[/quote]
Some giggle, some scream. One has to take the good with the bad. :idunno:

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”][quote=“divea”]Oh yeah the you tube thing…I’ll come to that in a mo.

and probably pay the guy
!" :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

So what time should we all show up at the park across the street?[/quote]
Like 6 months ago…the bird has flown now! :laughing:

The 三點 are the dangerous bits that need to be hidden from the public eye. Since they’re all frontally placed, there’s no need to shield anyone’s eyes from the rear view - provided she doesn’t bend over too far.

I’ll tell my husband that next time he wants to get jiggy with it. Might put him off coming to Taiwan. Might not.

Its ok, one of you can keep a pair of socks on?? :slight_smile:

That would be me then. Cold feet! :slight_smile:

Divea: you are totally right! hope some sees you and for sure would appreciate your body))) thinking positive like you would make this world much better

Wow, a 6-year delayed reply, addressed to someone who moved out of Taiwan years ago.

It is this new format function to blame, digging out stuff from deep in our past.

Actually, I thought Kervin was going to refer to:

EDIT:
this one too:

Kaohsiung, April 30 (CNA) An action artist walked through a shopping area in downtown Kaohsiung on Saturday wearing only her panties, attracting photographers and giving rise to heated discussions on social media.

The woman, surnamed Chang, said on her Facebook page Sunday that what she did was not any different from modeling for outdoor photography.

“How many people are there in pain and hurting, who need attention but are being ignored by society?” she wrote on her Facebook page. “The naked girl symbolizes a naked heart with hurtful scars on her body, but the society is indifferent and cares only about young women and funny things and does not pay long-term attention to children of domestic violence, those who are ill or to international current affairs. What’s wrong with the society these days?”

She also said that in other countries, it is not unusual to see semi-naked women on the street and she did not know why her action had drawn so much attention.

“Where should I do my second version?” Chang wrote, referring to her walk and her first attempt at action art as a failure.

Local police said Chang’s actions did not amount to indecent exposure since her genitals were not exposed and she had her nipples covered.

I often see men walking around with their nipples exposed. Why are they not charged with indecent exposure?

Is this a serious question? Because men don’t have functional breasts, there’s nothing sexually satisfying about men’s nipples. I get this ridiculous equality issue but men and women have different anatomy, you might as well ask why men don’t have to wear a tampon every month. It’s really not hard or degrading to expect a grown woman to cover her nipples in public.

To point out the ridiculousness of your question, let’s flip the argument. Why can ladies get away with a micro bikini but I can’t let my balls dangle and bounce around?

Talk about ridiculous. Your post is one enormous mass of fallacy.

Because men don’t have functional breasts, there’s nothing sexually satisfying about men’s nipples.

This might make sense if you were a baby. Most people posting here aren’t though.

I get this ridiculous equality issue

Do you? What’s ridiculous about equality?

men and women have different anatomy, you might as well ask why men don’t have to wear a tampon every month.

Women wear tampons for physical reasons. What does that have to do with the purely social question at hand here? There’s no physical reason why women would cover their nipples, or men not.

It’s really not hard or degrading to expect a grown woman to cover her nipples in public.

Why not? There may be reasons but you certainly have not supported them above. Lots of things aren’t hard or degrading but that does not necessarily make them correct or desirable.

To point out the ridiculousness of your question, let’s flip the argument. Why can ladies get away with a micro bikini but I can’t let my balls dangle and bounce around?

What are we talking about here. Do they cover the genitals, or not?

1 Like

Another female getting her baps out for ‘equality’? Brilliantly original.