Is it legal to go naked?

There clearly is. The fact that some cultures decide not to cover them does not support your assertion. Europeans are famous for having a lackadaisical attitude to nippular exposure, but that’s not because they believe female nipples are “equal to” male nipples. Implicit in their acceptance of flaunted female nipples - at least under certain defined circumstances - is the onus upon men to keep their reptilian brains under control. I’m guessing - although I admit I haven’t asked them - that peoples in Africa and Asia with a similar attitude would give similar explanations. In other words, vive la différence.

Again, most of Europe. I’m not saying they convict on the woman’s say-so, or throw all rules of evidence out the window, but they do not have (for example) a hard requirement for witnesses, as some countries do.

There’s an implicit and therefore men are presumed guilty, by statute (not just in practice) in your original statement.

Perhaps it’s just a problem of phrasing, but it’s like you’re saying Europe has the inverse of the infamous “one male witness is equivalent to x female witnesses” rule.

And that kind of happens actually.

No, not at all. Come on, you’re in the profession, you know how this works: in law - unlike in science - people are convicted and sentenced on a balance of evidence. When computing that balance in any given case, there is as assessment of relative social harm in making a mistake … measured against a purely subjective view of ‘social harm’.

The oft-quoted ‘better to let 10 guilty men walk free than to convict one innocent man’ is not, in fact, how things operate in reality. It cannot work that way. The reason is that the tests that determine ‘guilt’ or ‘innocence’ have specificity and sensitivity just like any other test.

There will always be false positives and false negatives, and ‘presumption of innocence’ simply means that we choose shift the decision line towards false negatives rather than false positives. In cases where the social consequences of a false negative are dire (murderers or rapists) the line gets shifted a bit. Not much - perhaps far too little in the opinion of Law and Order fanatics - but a bit. No judge will admit that this happens, but it does, and the statistical logic behind it is valid. It’s one of the reasons people on death row are exonerated at a higher rate than, say, shoplifters.

Objection! Unfounded allegation! :rant: I will admit to being a teacher, a translator, and even a moderator, but if you’re going to accuse me of practicing other professions, Comrade Finsky, you’ll need more than circumstantial evidence. :stuck_out_tongue:

You said legislation. That implies law passed by a legislative assembly, rather than case law, and I’m curious as to how such a law would be written in one of your civilized European countries.

I won’t argue about actual practice since I don’t follow such cases in Europe. Canada has had some odd cases, like the time a taxi driver was caught with a passed out passenger’s undergarments in his mouth but was still presumed to have obtained her consent. :ponder:

Tommy is perpetuating misogyny?

What a load of sanctimonious nonsense.

Didn’t you know? Being a heterosexual male with a healthy libido is no longer acceptable behavior. :sunglasses:

I concede that Tommy said ‘uncontrolled urge’, not uncontrolled action. There is a huge difference. If it were the latter, people should take issue with his lack of accountability. We all have lots of urges that we don’t act on. Sometimes they are legitimate provocations, and sometimes they come from within.

What would be the difference between ‘a controlled urge’ and ‘an urge not acted upon?’

Those seem to be the same, to me anyway.

If there IS a difference, then ‘a controlled urge’ would seem to be ‘an urge that does not become conscious.’ But, to me, that’s not an urge, that’s nothing.

:tumble:

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: If someone in your life talked to you the way you talk to yourself, you would have left them long ago. — Carla Gordon

1 Like

And now… :drum: :roll:

@mad_masala quote! :grinning:

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: If someone in your life talked to you the way you talk to yourself, you would have left them long ago. — Carla Gordon

2 Likes

to go naked when?

i think its almost mandatory when having sex.

but, YMMV

Is this in connection with the Rainbow Family gathering coming up? OK, who’s gettin’ naked.

No no no. Socks stay on. Gotta conserve energy.

Socks and perhaps a beanie so you are not like…nude?

One room I rented eons ago looked down on this young lady’s room. And she liked to hang out in her room bottomless sometimes…strangely not topless. I never called the cops on her.

Course these days people can’t be free because someone may put you on the net,

P.s. I changed my mind about lady breasts ,they should all be required to be exposed…lady bikinis should be sold without tops

This way eventually breasts on women would be old hat and nobody will look st them any more than say, ankles.

It’s definitely illegal, and Google keeps giving me an “Adult Content Warning” about it: