Is it legal to sell pics?

Sell these images to TVBS. You’ll make a fortune.

1 Like

Now that everyone is all masked up, is it legal to make money on commercial photos taken of other people, without permission, now?

He’s the copyright owner.

1 Like

I meant more towards the people in pictures that get shot and sold without giving permission. Aka The masked ones.

The person who takes the picture owns the copyright.

Yes, i know. Not my question haha.

Yes it’s legal. Because @drewc is the copyright owner.

Curious. Was it legal in taiwan pre mask as well?

yes. The mask is not the determining variable here.

Sorry, i think we may be confusing things. i mean is it legal for someone, say Drew, to sell photos of people without their permission for profit?

In other words, i dont consent to photos being taken of me. For some reason i had the idea that in taiwan it was fine unless for commercial purposes. Very much ignorant on this one.

2 Likes

You can’t deny consent in a public space.

3 Likes

Thats what i was wondering. Even for profit/business purposes? Can sogo fill their DM with public photos of people wlking down the street?

I believe so. Otherwise there’d be no news. No youtube videos etc…

Others can weigh in.

1 Like

you could ask your lawyer :wink:

3 Likes

Cheers man. I was just joking in the beginning, but i have always wondered about this in taiwan and where the line is.

Going drone and camera shopping tomorrow :slight_smile: See you at the beach!

2 Likes

Lol who is making money?? I actually posted this in temp because I wanted to keep it lowkey and wondered if any other posters had encountered this accident or read about it in the news. The mods moved it to the open forum though.

Nah, not my style. Besides, I’m sure dozens of other motorists took pics. Just wondering if it popped up in the news.

2 Likes

Haha you just answered your own question.

No one is saying you are, just curious what the rules are, and marco made a funny that is the ideal example to raise said question :slight_smile: dont worry, we arent recording you…

On that note, it seems pretty ironic there are rules against recordings of people and not photos haha.

3 Likes

Try that with 101.

1 Like

If it’s editorial and news worthy it’s ok, but not for commercial use in ads.

1 Like