Is it normal for men in Taiwan to masturbate in public?

Original Title: embarrassing question…

Ok, I normally would never post something like this but this has been bothering me and after talking to one of my male friends who wondered if it might be a “culture thing” I decided to ask on Forumosa for input.

As I mentioned before in previous posts, I pretty much love a lot about Taiwan though there are some things that really get on my nerves or disturb me.

So here’s my question…

Is it normal for men here to please themselves in public places? I would think that this would be an abnormality in any country but since I’ve been in Taiwan this has happened 3 times in front of me. I’ve been here about 7 months now. Once I was walking past a car, once I was walking down the street, and once it happened inside a building.

What are your experiences/thoughts on this?

I often say Taiwan is a land of great contrasts and contradictions. I feel that many people are repressed here but at the same time when incidents like this occur it makes me wonder.

Do you mean they ‘relieve themselves’ or ‘pleasure themselves’?

I’m guessing it’s mental illness.

Are they looking at you?

Yeah, one of my yuckiest Taiwan memories is realizing the young man sitting opposite and to my left in McDonald’s was “pleasing himself” whilst staring at me and my American friend. We were both blond and fairly attractive and I guess it was just too much for him! Even when he had to have realized that we were onto him, he didn’t quit 'till the song was over, so to speak, and then ran out of there like his shoes were on fire. Ugh! That was so gross.

I think a lot of young Taiwanese guys are just too repressed or have too little access to actual living women. They really can’t date much until they’re in university because they’re supposed to devote every waking moment to study. Not to mention that they may have very little privacy at home.

2 Likes

Ew. That is what you’re talking about.

Another thing to add to the list of things I’ve, thankfully, never experienced in Taiwan.

I’ve never seen that here, thank god. I did in Paris, though, and in Bratislava, and several times in the good old Yook.
And I once saw Funk500 being entirely untoward outside 7-11 with a Kinder Surprise.

My co-worker and I used to take a break from teaching and sit outside the local 7-11 to have a smoke. One day, a betel nut chewing dude with blue plastic sandals stopped his scooter right in front of us and proceeded to have a wank in full view of all, whilst perving my co-worker. Yeah, I’ve seen it.
But then again, I do live in Sanchong.

1 Like

During 4 years I have seen it once in the swimming pool of Youth Park. Some young totally retarded kid started wanking while I was getting dressed after a 7 am swim. Decided just to ignore him.

yes, all three times they were pleasuring themselves. The guy in the car was staring at my roommate and I. The guy on the street came around the corner when I was walking home by myself and started doing it and saying things in Mandarin that I could not understand. The third incident I just heard more or less.

:aiyo:

I’m sure things like this happen everywhere, I’ve just never experienced it before.

In Japan some do it in the MRT … or train

1 Like

[quote=“sandman”]I’ve never seen that here, thank god. I did in Paris, though, and in Bratislava, and several times in the good old Yook.
And I once saw Funk500 being entirely untoward outside 7-11 with a Kinder Surprise.[/quote]

Well I had promised to keep the REAL reason why you asked irishstu to get you a finger of fudge from back home quiet, but oops.

Skyfae: do you carry a camera around with you, or a phone with a camera? Taking a picture of them would probably spoil the mood a little. And then you could post the pic in Daily Photos!

Then again, their reaction might be quite unpredictable. :ponder:

There’s a lot of untreated mental illness in this country. You’re probably running into sickos who aren’t normal. Three times in a year or two is a lot-I’ve been around quite a bit in Taiwan, and I’ve never seen it once, but I’ve run into a lot of mentally unstable people. Just last week on the MRT some guy screamed “I kill you!” to me about 20 times. He was nuts, poor fellow.

1 Like

I saw a weird guy swerving all over the place on his scooter. I thought he was trying to find his cell phone in his pocket. Innocent little me. When I passed him (to get past the danger), I almost fell off MY scooter… yep, apparently not EVERYONE on this island is right-handed. I drove the rest of the way home really, dangerously fast… :astonished: Prior to that I’d seen people talking on phones, reading, eating, drinking, etc, but never wanking.

Now, every time I see a guy (or androgynous person) driving one-handed, I make sure to see if I can get in a second “sighting”. It’s like I can’t look, but I can’t help myself…

The first incident happened my first month in Taiwan, the second about a month or so ago, and the third, just recently. I’ve been here about 7 months, like I said…

[quote=“Skyfae”]

The first incident happened my first month in Taiwan, the second about a month or so ago, and the third, just recently. I’ve been here about 7 months, like I said…[/quote]
You’re probably just really HOT.

The first incident happened my first month in Taiwan, the second about a month or so ago, and the third, just recently. I’ve been here about 7 months, like I said…[/quote]

3 in 7 months is a lot of times. Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something, maybe you are attracting these guys, maybe there’s a business idea in this that’ll make you a millionaire or sth.

[quote=“jimipresley”]
You’re probably just really HOT and people can’t resist whipping it out…[/quote]

No, that doesn’t make sense. I’m really, really hot and nobody ever whipped it out in front of me.

[quote=“tomthorne”][quote=“jimipresley”]
You’re probably just really HOT and people can’t resist whipping it out…[/quote]

No, that doesn’t make sense. I’m really, really hot and nobody ever whipped it out in front of me.[/quote]
That confounds me too, Mr Thorne. And I do often think of you.

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“tomthorne”][quote=“jimipresley”]

No, that doesn’t make sense. I’m really, really hot and nobody ever whipped it out in front of me.[/quote]
That confounds me too, Mr Thorne. And I do often think of you.[/quote]

I guess it’s just one of those mysteries of life.