Is it normal here?

michael turton has a great page on the Taiwanese dating and foreigners I just can’t seem to find it though.

I believe that most of the girls that hang out in expat bars are looking for foriegners whether to dispel the rumor about bigger peeppees or they want to date someone that “looks like a movie star.”

Another thing a woman in Taiwan maybe looking for is an American. Some one who they believe, will take them out of their duldrum life and make them a princess. . . i.e. give them money.

Now of course their are the rest of the Taiwanese girls the girls that hang out in groups and only hang out with groups when they are interested in a boy in the other group. Soon things happen and the girl decides to go out with x boy by X 1 and girl ends up thinking she is marrying boy. Now I have been told that when a Taiwanese girl goes out with a boy by herself; this means she wants to get serious.

If this assumption is right then this girl was interested in the OP and her boyfriend was also legit in his reaction. Hope ya got guanxi brother cause you might need it.

She likes, liked, you still thinks about you but, factor Xboyfriend is messing that up. My advice move on… you might find yourself in a shotgun wedding then all your dating problems will be over.
Plenty of fish in the sea and plenty of nice Taiwanese girls to go around.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The way I would see it however, I have never seen any reason to fight over a girl or try to compete with other guys.

If she is going out with me, but is constantly looking around for a better catch, then by all means go with him.
I would not feel jealous for a bit.

If she is so willing to look around when she has agreed to be my girlfriend, then what is to stop her from continuing this action if we were married.
it is best to dispense with someone with this attitude.

For me, it is one thing if i look at a girl that is pretty in passing, and give it no further thought afterward, but if i am in a committed relationship, for me to keep thinking about that pretty girl later is a bad sign about my attitude toward my current relationship.

Actually Quentin read what I was thinking ( Im being optimistic since I like the girl ). But I have to be true to myself that if she has this habit of always UPGRADING, then it probably would be a problem for me in the long run. As for now were just good friends (no dating to avoid any problems). And if ever she plans to leave her boyfriend then that is up to her.

So for the moment, im just sitting still. Im not the kind of person that grabs the next fish that comes along even if it is not the fish I wanted. But that is until I get really hunrgy then I guess i have to settle for something less or hopefully more.

[quote=“dan2006”]The way I would see it however, I have never seen any reason to fight over a girl or try to compete with other guys.

[/quote]

Only date plain Janes, huh? You’ll never get the truly HOT girls with that kind of attitude.

[quote=“Quentin”][quote=“dan2006”]The way I would see it however, I have never seen any reason to fight over a girl or try to compete with other guys.

[/quote]

Only date plain Janes, huh? You’ll never get the truly HOT girls with that kind of attitude.[/quote]

I guess i dont get any thrill of the chase with the truly hot girls like most guys do. :smiley:

I think you may have had more advice than you needed, but…

1. It’s always a date here. For that matter, that’s true everywhere when they like you. But it’s still especially true in Taiwan and very definitely true in China mainland.

2. You’re not responsible if her boyfriend is a possessive idiot that can’t handle her or is unkind to her in other ways that make her want to go out with other guys.

3. You are responsible if you are an overt infiltrator which from your postings you don’t appear to be.

Your motivation was coffee and time with a person you genuinely like. Are you sure you know hers? God forbid she was just trying to make a stinky boyfriend gel-ass.

Never been that interested in HOT (drop dead gorgeous) girls anyway… I just want those next-door-type girls who looks so innocent but packs a lot of fire inside… now to me that is HOT. :slight_smile:

dan, i envy you. you must be one really handsome guy

and Alfalfa… to be honest i have no idea of her intentions yet. For now we are just keeping communications open. It can go both ways now. But since we are not going out anymore, I think she just put me on reserve … and her boyfriend on active duty. life sucks but hey, I like her. Ill just wait it out for a month or 2 since Im going out with a back up for now too…

thanks guys for your insights

[quote=“kyosaisho”]Never been that interested in HOT (drop dead gorgeous) girls anyway… I just want those next-door-type girls who looks so innocent but packs a lot of fire inside… now to me that is HOT. :slight_smile:

dan, i envy you. you must be one really handsome guy

and Alfalfa… to be honest I have no idea of her intentions yet. For now we are just keeping communications open. It can go both ways now. But since we are not going out anymore, I think she just put me on reserve … and her boyfriend on active duty. life sucks but hey, I like her. Ill just wait it out for a month or 2 since I’m going out with a back up for now too…

thanks guys for your insights[/quote]

nothing like having spare tire girlfriends. :slight_smile:

“dan, i envy you. you must be one really handsome guy”

Not really, but the biggest thing i stand for.

1. I will never fight over a girl. I will fight for her if someone tries something, but i wont fight over her.

Good luck with your friend… :slight_smile: