Is it possible for me to get an ARC?

Hey,

I am curious if will we be able to get an ARC, me and my girlfriend.

I have got LLC company signed in Delaware,USA. Im not the owner but the proxy of this company. We wont have family in Taiwan or job there etc. All we want to do is live there and spend money there since its cheaper country to live then ours. Forgot to mention that our company sells virtual items in virtual games via website. I can pay for my house food etc with company’s card so I wont have any income into my bank account or something like that.

Help me please! Thanks!

Unless you’re joining family, have a job, are a student, invest in a business, or have celebrity/highly-sought-skill status (ie. Plum Blossom Card), then I doubt you can get an ARC.

As per the information in your post, it seems that signing up for 15 hours/week of Chinese classes may be your best option. Otherwise, visa runs.

Edit: If you have student ARCs, then you also have the benefit of National Health Insurance, I think after 4 months.

In the other thread someone told me that I need to invest 20,000NT and I will get ARC. Do You know anything about it? Can I just deposit it in bank or what?

So I can just move to Taiwan with free 90days visa, make company there and then they will give me ARC? Or I have to get ARC before I will make company.

[quote=“Neoni”]In the other thread someone told me that I need to invest 20,000NT and I will get ARC. Do You know anything about it? Can I just deposit it in bank or what?

So I can just move to Taiwan with free 90days visa, make company there and then they will give me ARC? Or I have to get ARC before I will make company.[/quote]

Somehow I don’t think is 20K nt thats only 600 dollars lol.

200k nt, my bad.

I thinks is actually USD money.

[quote]Part II- Resident Visa
Investment Resident
A foreign national who is going to invest in the ROC for more than USD200, 000, should apply to the Investment Commission, MOEA, for a certificate of investment first (please link to the website for more detailed information: moeaic.gov.tw) and then submit an application form together with the original and a photocopy of passport and required documents to the ROC Embassy or consulate or Representative Office in the country of origin for a resident visa.[/quote]

investtaiwan.org/matter/show_eng.jsp?ID=192

Look into starting a representative office.

They doesnt has an office in my country, in Poland. We dont consider it as a country as many other countries do. We consider it as a part of China, but in China’s office they wont tell me anything about Taiwan’s law as well.

In my country they don’t consider it a country as well… they still have a link office…

Here’s the website of the Taiwan office in Poland. roc-taiwan.org/PL/mp.asp?mp=197

30th Floor, Ul. Emilii Plater 53, 00-113 Warsaw, Poland TEL:(002-48) 22-213-0060

You can probably open a branch of your company or a representative office to get ARCs.

Check out these threads: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 89&t=82577

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 89&t=98589

It’s possible to get an ARC through the business/investment avenues but it’s not a trivial amount to invest or easy. If you want to go that route then you should contact the JusRegal banner link on forumosa. They will at least be able to point you in the right direction and let you know if it is possible FOR YOU.

The easiest solution (and possibly cheapest) - sign up for Chinese classes

easiest and simplest to come as a tourist and do visa runs every 90 days.

Been emailing with them, they wont give me any info about buying car or renting a flat there. Only general info about visa, acr etc.

Is anyone here who can help me out? I need info about students acr (how to get it and all). About foreign companies in Taiwan (LLC company registered in USA), how to buy a car with this company and how to rent a flat.
Also information how can I start living in Taiwan. Go to the hotel first and then look for a flat? Where to look for it?

I can pay for this info through Paypal.

Thanks!

Don’t email them – go there and ask in person where they can’t avoid your questions.

You will be able to rent a place easily, but you should forget about a car unless you plan on living in the mountains. There’s no need for one in any major city, and it’s a hassle and a lot of money for someone who doesn’t plan to be here for the rest of his natural life.

Im planning to live in Kaohsiung and will be going to surf to Kenting pretty often. Car will be needed I think.

From another thread:

So is it girlfriend or wife? It would make a difference if you can manage to get an ARC yourself.

[quote=“Neoni”]Been emailing with them, they wont give me any info about buying car or renting a flat there. Only general info about visa, acr etc.

Is anyone here who can help me out? I need info about students acr (how to get it and all). About foreign companies in Taiwan (LLC company registered in USA), how to buy a car with this company and how to rent a flat.
Also information how can I start living in Taiwan. Go to the hotel first and then look for a flat? Where to look for it?

I can pay for this info through Paypal.

Thanks![/quote]

A student ARC is easy to get. Sign up for classes at one of the ten or so recognized programs (at universities) and pay them 30-40K for an 18 week term. 15 hrs/wk with a minimum attendance req’t (80% I think).

You can rent an apartment w/o an ARC but you can’t own a car and likely buy property. A car is nice to have but not a necessity. Taxi’s are really cheap. Buses leave for Kending every 15 minutes or so from the train station or HSR.

Its my girlfriend sorry. Im planning to live there 2 years or more. Type of person who love drive car so I got to have one there.

Im thinking of another way. If I will make an representiv office for my LLC Delaware company there, I could get ARC easly. Also I think this company would be able to rent a house and own a car. Thats how it is in most of the countries in the world.

[quote=“Neoni”]Its my girlfriend sorry. Im planning to live there 2 years or more. Type of person who love drive car so I got to have one there.

Im thinking of another way. If I will make an representiv office for my LLC Delaware company there, I could get ARC easly. Also I think this company would be able to rent a house and own a car. Thats how it is in most of the countries in the world.[/quote]

Anybody with money can rent an apt/house. Perhaps there is a car leasing service that gets around this issue. I know that scooters/motorcycles can be rented around 3000NT/mo so maybe you could just do a long term rental/lease. It’s not the most efficient way to do it but it might still be cheaper/easier than going through all of the hoops and costs of setting up a representative office for a couple of years.

By far the easiest option is the Chinese classes. It will take 4 months to get your ARC but once you have it you can buy a car and then stop going/paying for classes. You need an ARC to buy a car/scooter/motorcycle but they don’t take your possessions away from you if you don’t have an ARC.