Is it possible that Taiwanese man and a foreigner woman divorce, and later get married again?

Is it possible that Taiwanese man and a foreigner woman (they got married in Taiwan) divorce, and later get married (in Taiwan) again?
If it is possible, would it be same easy to get married the second time as the first time, or would it be more difficult?

You want to divorce someone and then marry that same person again later? Or are you asking if it is more difficult to get married to another person once you have been divorce in Taiwan?

I ask, about marrying the same person after divorcing?
I want to know if it is legal in Taiwan or not?
(if one person is Taiwanese and another is a foreigner)

OP you asked about getting a divorce, wouldn’t be bet if you asked at the registrar’s office itself??? Go there, get a divorce and inquire whether re-marriage is possible and you could even ask about a re divorce. No? More reliable than asking on a discussion forum.

How about… just stay married? Or are you pulling a scam?

What does it mean “pulling a scam” ? My English isn’t very good.
To tell the truth, me and my husband still didn’t decide what we are going to do.
But I need this info until it is not too late…
As I wrote in a previous post, I do not have a chance to ask anywhere esle…

To tell the truth, me and my husband still didn’t decide what we are going to do.
As I wrote in a previous post, I do not have a chance to ask anywhere esle…[/quote]

I mean, is there a law you are trying to avoid? If you are unsure if you and your husband want to divorce then maybe just don’t divorce for now.

As I wrote in a previous post, I do not have a chance to ask anywhere esle…[/quote]

I mean, is there a law you are trying to avoid? If you are unsure if you and your husband want to divorce then maybe just don’t divorce for now.[/quote]

But that’s why I am asking this question… To know if in Taiwan it is legal or not.
Of course I do not want to avoid the law.

Well, it’s none of my business, but now you know you can get divorced in like 10 mins. So why not just stay married for a while longer until you both know what you want? Being divorced won’t alter you both as people or change anything between you. Only you two can do that. SO maybe you spend some time apart, work out your issues and then get back together…or not. THEN you can divorce if it is really what you want. Right now it doesn;t seem that you really want to divorce if you are already talking about a possible re-marriage to the same person. Work through your issues, and then decide if you should be divorced. If you work it out, and I hope you do work it out, then you will still be married. You could have a blessing ceremony to re-confirm your love and you won’t have the headache of getting married again.

My advice is meant to be practical. I have no legal advice.

[quote=“superking”]Well, it’s none of my business, but now you know you can get divorced in like 10 mins. So why not just stay married for a while longer until you both know what you want? Being divorced won’t alter you both as people or change anything between you. Only you two can do that. SO maybe you spend some time apart, work out your issues and then get back together…or not. THEN you can divorce if it is really what you want. Right now it doesn;t seem that you really want to divorce if you are already talking about a possible re-marriage to the same person. Work through your issues, and then decide if you should be divorced. If you work it out, and I hope you do work it out, then you will still be married. You could have a blessing ceremony to re-confirm your love and you won’t have the headache of getting married again.

My advice is meant to be practical. I have no legal advice.[/quote]

The situation is really strange for me, so I can imagine for others it would seem even more strange…
At the moment I am in Taiwan with my Taiwanese husband. Our son is in Lithuanian with my parents.
Because of some reasons we both don’t know should we try to be together…
Next month I will go back to Lithuania, and I’m thinking about going back to Taiwan probably in January.
But I am not 100% sure that I will come back, that’s why I asked that question about divorcing and marrying again.
By the way, until now I didn’t get the answer :slight_smile: So, I still don’t know if in Taiwan it is illegal or not…
(I still hope someone will answer…)
If I wouldn’t go back to Taiwan, then I would need to divorce in Lithuania, without my husband, and that would
take a really long time and it would cost a very big money… :frowning:

YOu could but you could be off your rocker.

Please, can you explain what does “off your rocker” mean?
English is not my native language, so I don’t know such phrases
:eh:

Last time you spoke about your son, a few weeks ago, you said he was in Taiwan. How did he get to Lithuania ?