Is it possible to do a 1.5 hour visa run at Naha Airport (OKA)?

Are you Canadian or British? I believe the extension is applicable to citizens of these two countries only.

Why MAGAs get left hanging? And after those 66 brand new F-16s? The nerve!

To be honest, I think the government is going to have little sympathy for those that are residing here full time on visa exempt status (including Taiwanese that use their Canadian passport to evade responsibilities) and will use this as an opportunity to clean house.

2 Likes

Please let us know how it goes. Good luck.

What is the worst they can do? Refuse you entry and ship you back to Taiwan?

They can refuse me entry when I try to re-enter Taiwan. Then I’d be effed.

2 Likes

My wife is Canadian but I am American. So maybe that could help, but at this point I don’t want to apply, since they hold your passport for a week. I’d rather be sure and do the visa run asap before they shut everything everyone out.

1 Like

Just bought hand sanitizer and some lame sun-protection gloves. They didn’t have surgical gloves. Whatever. Now drinking 7-11 coffee that the girl had her nasty claws all over.

So even your wife couldn’t get an extension? Oh no… I may have to do a visa run then. Sigh!

Sanitize the heck out of everything!

I would just be worried that delays on arrival cause you to miss the check-in cutoff for the return flight (I am assuming its the same airline). Then again, I suspect that the only International arrivals there now would be from Taiwan. Good luck for the trip though.

There’s a 4 hour layover. But apparently Japan just got upgraded to Defcon 3.

Level 3 - yes - but from the 19th it seems.

On the other hand, it’s going to be very difficult to deport people when the borders are closed and no flights are coming in or out.

But once again I have to wonder how people are here so long and don’t have jobs and therefore no ARCs. Not to mention no health insurance at a time like this…

Retired?

Ah, indeed 00:00 on March 19th. My plane is scheduled to return at 9:55pm March 18th. Starting to feel like last train out of Berlin cruds.

1 Like

Well I guess there’s that.

Flight better not be canceled or late. Level 3 means mandatory self-quarantine, yes? That’s certainly not the end of the world. Just don’t want to be locked out of the country completely.

Cambodia is your only option right now. You’ll probably need to spend 24 hours there, but Phnomn Penh is good times. I’d make the most of it and hit up the Marriott Courtyard downtown, it’s got a fantastic rooftop bar.

1 Like

SOCIAL DISTANCING!

2 Likes