Is it possible to get a document with the address in English?

Hello

Because I am opening a bank account in my own country from Taiwan I need to supply some documents to my bank. These needs to be issued by some part of the government. I sent a copy of my ARC, but they said that the address needs to be in English. On the ID card it is in Chinese.

Is there somewhere I can request a paper which has the address stated in English?
Thanks!

Watching… Why? Because I wanted to change my official banking address of my US banks to Taiwan as, sadly, my American Family who managed my affairs (parents, uncles) are dying off.

My home country banks, a Federal Credit Union and a Local Savings Bank, said that by law, to have a bank account you absolutely need an American address.
I could use my foreigner Taiwanese address as my current secondary address. They did not need any official documentation but took my word for it because I had passed the other identity checks and the banks knew me and my family.

If your bank let’s you have a foreign primary address, please let me know. I may want to open up an account since I don’t want to impose on distant relatives.
I don’t know where you can get an official English print out of your adress. I’m sure a government office or the Post Office may be able to help you. But here is a suggestion. Go to the websites or visit the Post Office in a big city who understands the Official Translation formula for address. Get it written out our typed out for you. Then visit AIT or an other place that offers a Notary Service. It’s not too expensive and that should do the trick. Good luck.
Notary info:
https://acs.ait.org.tw/notaries.html
Something that seems to be an automatic Chinese/English address converter courtessy of the post office.
http://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/Postal/index.jsp?ID=207
An article that may be helpful

2 Likes

Also interested in this, does anybody have a solution?

go to the nearest post office for that resident address and ask.
when i rented post office boxes, they gave the box address in both English and Chinese.

if it’s a Taiwan bank, the bank should have a name card of someone working at the branch of your acct opening that has its English address.

Thanks. Will try the immigration office tomorrow too. Found this photo posted on the forum:

1 Like
1 Like