Is it possible to register multiple easy cards with same phone number (for ubike rental)?

I lost previous easy card. Ubike rental machine refuses to register new easy card with same mobile number. What to do?

Ubike can hold 5 cards on the same number. Sounds like your account may be locked. I suggest visiting the ubike customer service center (there is one in xinyi near the taipei city hall met ubike station)

1 Like

Good luck with customer service.

A few years ago I rented a Ubike and returned it a few hours later. I was with two friends (one Taiwanese) who were witnesses and there with me when I returned it. However, the next day I got a call from Ubike saying the bike hadnā€™t been returned. I told them the exact station and slot number where I had returned it. They checked and said it wasnā€™t there.

When I asked about the next step, they said I had to fill out a police report that the bike had been stolen. I did that. I also mentioned to the police and Ubike if they could check any cameras in the area. They never got back to me about that.

Then I found out my Ubike account was locked. Long story short, after years of back and forth, my account is still locked until I pay NT9,000 for a bike that I returned. Like hell I will.

I can now only rent UBikes using my credit card ("One Time Rental "), but not an easy card because I still have only the same phone number. You better believe that when I rent a bike now I take photos of EVERYTHING.

1 Like

omg, that means someone might have used my easy card and stolen a ubike with it (which is why may be my phone number is blocked). But then again they should have called me (if someone used my card this way).

1 Like

If I buy a prepaid sim card from airport for a couple of months, can I register a ubike with its temporary phone #?

should be ok.
Iā€™ve set up LINE accts for children to contact (only) Taiwanese relatives on old smartphones of mine with those 30-day airport SIM cards.
Just make sure there is no need to ever get a text msg ā€œsentā€ to that eventually-expiring number in the future.

1 Like

The sensors are not working like they used to. You probably returned it but it didnt register. Happened to me a few times

Sorry for the gravedig, but does anyone know if this is still possible? And if so, does that mean it is possible to rent two bikes simultaneously using two different cards registered to the same number, or does the system prevent that? I have a friend with no phone and we were thinking to use the Youbike together today but didnā€™t know if this workaround would work

Yes, I think the new way to register is to use the app and enter the EasyCard-number. It should still be possible to rent two bikes at the same time - however, the insurance will only be valid for one bike.

1 Like

I have the maximum # of cards (5) on my U-bike account. Yes, can simultaneously rent 2 bikes with 2 cards on 1 account. Done so when Iā€™ve rented U-bikes with youngest child.

1 Like

Here is a link to the Android app

I was able to install it from this computer on to my phone