Is it possible to seek asylum in Taiwan

I reckon they should lock the whole bloody continent and throw away the key. Just like in the good old penile days. No Australians in Taiwan, I say. All they do is root sheep. And they’ve all got Lyssavirus from the fruit bats they throw on the barbie…

3 Likes

I’m confused as to whether I should respond to the “continent”, “penile” , "sheep’ or “Lyssavirus” references.

:laughing:

Google is my friend, rabies ok, now my choices are not really looking better

3 Likes

Do you have some keywords those of use that are ignorant about Australia’s happenings can search?

I would agree, if true, banning people from leaving is insanely Chinese styled and morally wrong in this circumstance!

Edited for @the_bear . I even gave Australia one of them big letter A’s rather than the usual, time saving, littluns :slight_smile:

Finally smelt the salt?
I seem to remember this response when I said it was like it was becoming a dystopian undemocratic nightmare :

1 Like

You also need to get a grip. That’s the worst sentence I’ve seen in twenty years on this site. How do you do it? Do you use a letter scrambler?

7 Likes

Ham hands in the Taitung sunshine will do that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Ignorant! He means ignorant!

I had to come back round a second time to figure that out.

The official government site makes it seem not so bad :slight_smile: I recommend also googling for news articles to learn about how those rules are implemented in practice :slight_smile:

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption.

… and this is just the ban on outbound travel. Inbound travel is even more crazy :slight_smile:

No way the original post is legitimate. I think the more relevant question is, which regular is it? Some of us are getting a wee bit bored…

No, thats the Kiwis, just ask @the_bear who can give you a more detailed answer maybe. :grinning:

Perhaps some of us prefer to get cooked rather than caffeinated before going to war on the keys?

1 Like

Best explanation so far! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

I was young, I was drunk, who can resist a big fluffy sheep?

4 Likes

thanksfor the replies, yes i probly should have mentioned the excemption to leave part but from what ive heard most legitimate reasons get denied anyway.

But… heres something interesting. Theres this Aus youtuber called Blondie in China who only somewhat recently left Aus to go back to China to travel, im trying to figure out how the hell she managed to get out. I think in one of her videos she said she went for an interview at the China embassy. Since in someways she may possibly fit the “ccp shills” category… though not as much as the others i wonder if China has some way of getting her out. Any ideas?

Why don’t you contact her and ask?

dont use insta or yt account

Do you use email?

dont think she publocly displays it. I guess being a ccp shill isnt a bad idea ofter all lol

Anyway, here it is if you need it: amy@amylyons.com.au