Is it public nudity?

I cut my own hair. I always have. I live on a rooftop with a balcony and I cut my hair on the balcony. I hate getting hair everywhere which is why i cut my hair on the balcony. I also don’t like getting hair on my clothes so I’m naked when I cut my hair. Recently my neighbor saw and I caught her taking my picture. That may be illegal, but I really don’t care. Actually I waved when I saw her snapping my pic. My fear is that this behavior (being nude on my balcony) is illegal. Is it?

The magic eight ball says all signs point to ‘yes’.

Probably covered under the public indecency statute. Don’t play your music too loud and don’t be a weird furriner, or she might use it as evidence against you.

don’t be weird…put on an old xxl t-shirt and some knickers…why would you need to be stark bollocks naked to cut your hair? hell i don’t even let myself see myself naked except on bath night :roflmao:

Worse, your neighbour might hand out copies of the pic to fellow neighbours. You could become quite a celebrity. :s

depends on male/female and whether your balcony has bars or solid wall, whether you were in full view and were clearly naked or the neighbor had to go beyond responable lengths to see you

facts of the case need establishing before any advice (that Im not
qualified to give) can be given

better idea is pop over to visit the neighbor and get them to cut your hair in their bathroom - problem solved

1. welcome to forumosa
  2. are you canadian?

edit : I mean from canookistan

It’s not illegal if you’re a smurf, because as everyone knows, they don’t have external genitalia.

don’t be weird…put on an old xxl t-shirt and some knickers…why would you need to be stark bollocks naked to cut your hair? hell I don’t even let myself see myself naked except on bath night :roflmao:[/quote]
Jeez, in this weather, me, wife and wee daughter are constantly nekkid. Clothes aren’t natural in this climate!

If there’s public access, you prolly shouldn’t put the family jewellery on display. You’ll end up on the telly as a Canadian. :laughing:

In my opinion nudity is reasonably acceptable in Taiwan. I recently saw a farmer walking around with his underwear around his thighs. (Got the picture). It is also common to see people washing themselves in rivers (and the sea) starkers.

So as long as it doesn’t hit the headlines, you’ll be safe. But I won’t do it again if I were you, as your neighbor is probably now sitting at the window camera in hand. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“NoHatRequired”]In my opinion nudity is reasonably acceptable in Taiwan. I recently saw a farmer walking around with his underwear around his thighs. (Got the picture). It is also common to see people washing themselves in rivers (and the sea) starkers.

So as long as it doesn’t hit the headlines, you’ll be safe. But I won’t do it again if I were you, as your neighbor is probably now sitting at the window camera in hand. :p[/quote]

I’ve seen people (mostly men and children) peeing in public. I’ve seen men in the locker room walking around with their little noodles swinging about. I’ve seen same men drying their arse cracks and between their toes with the hair dryer in the change room.

But, I’ve never seen anything close to what you describe in your post.

People running around their apartments starkers seems to be quite common here. No one seems to care or even notice. Sometimes I catch glimpses as my PC is by the window.

I love all the opinions and I’m more than ok with my neighbor passing around pictures. My concern is entirely about legality. I want to know the exact law (and yes I know the police here won’t know) that says I can’t do this.

And yes, I’m Canadian :slight_smile:

And to answer the other questions, the area where I cut my hair is on a 5th floor balcony garden, no walls or bars. I’m male. I think from where my balcony is only around 6 apartments could possibly see me. I know I could wear underwear or cut in the bathroom (actually Taiwanese plumbing is crap so this is a bad idea) but it also just feels good to be naked on a 37 degree day. No tan lines :slight_smile:

But maybe those 6 apartments don’t want to see you in your full Canadian glory? :laughing: Y’know, one man’s ‘sunbathing’ is another man’s ‘indecent exposure’, especially if he has children. It’s not really a legal question, is it? If you’re on TV for being a yet another weirdo Canadian or some drunk local guy decides to teach you not to expose yourself to his mother, ‘Well actually, the law says …’ isn’t going to do you much good.

Dude! Buzzkill! :noway: :fume:
Put your pecker away, you freaking Canookistanian pervert! By the way, if someone was taking your photo, you can be fairly confident that they’re not just adding it to their scrapbook. Expect a call from the cops soon. Expect your landlord to be kicking you out soon.
This isn’t the set of “Friends” and “naked guy” is not just a passing butt of merriment.
You’re a naked man in view of the decent Matsu-fearing burghers of Taipei and their tender offspring and as such, you’re a damn pervert.

[quote=“Buttercup”]one man’s ‘sunbathing’ is another man’s ‘indecent exposure’[/quote]Some of us have such a body that there is no question which category we’re in.

Durring the time of SARS my dermatologist actually prescribed being on my rooftop naked for at least twenty minutes twice a day. I’m a woman and my neighbors had roofs level with or higher than mine so there was no way I was doing that. I’d have been on the news double quick! But the Doc said he wanted to treat me with photo therapy, but thought it was unwise that I be in the hospital for the visits. I asked for an alternative treatment.

But hey, seeing as your male, you could just pre-empt the media and set up a hair cutting voyeur cam and brodcast live! Might get lots of new dates. You never know.

You couldn’t make this up.