Is it safe? (HK Gig)

Obviously, my internet footprint is akin to a boot stomp on China. I am up for an amazing acting gig that would have me living in HK for 2 weeks.

Is this ill-considered?

4 Likes

Not at all!

Come and enjoy Hk while it lasts!

Avoid all protest areas at all costs!

Iā€™ve been here since the beginning of last yearā€™s anti extradition law explosive protests and itā€™s still quite safe.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: From Is it safe? (HK Gig)

I would probably take a burner phone with few if any contacts and not log in here.

The national security law is a worldwide law.

5 Likes

They probably need you as an ā€˜extraā€™ for two weeks for mock-up arrests?

I donā€™t do extra work.

The CCP amazes and bewilders me each an every day. In a variety of not-so-good ways.

Iā€™ll be steering clear of HK for some time.

As for the nonsense law being a worldwide one - that is laughable. At best. I continue to deride and ridicule the CCP on a daily, if not hourly, basis. They aint disappearing me and sending me to their black housā€¦guest houses for tea sessions any time soon. Wait, ever.

1 Like

Tell that to the HK booksellers :wink:

Right now I doubt China would actually arrest non-Chinese or non-Hong Kongers for past internet China bashing, even though their new law allows them to do just that.

So if you avoid getting close to protesters, I imagine youā€™d be fine.

If you are so unlucky, I think your embassy would come to your rescue anyway.

1 Like

Remember! When detained, sing Chinese and pro Xi phrases! Talk is cheap!

3 Likes

If they get hold of you.

1 Like

Pooh, pooh, pooh bear ā€¦ pooh, pooh, pooh bear ā€¦ bad bear, bad bear ā€¦ booh!

2 Likes

I bash the CCP/Beijing Crybullies, and by and large donā€™t crap on the Chinese themselves, bar the CCP shills, lackeyboys and bootlickersā€¦ Hang on, thatā€™s a fair amount of people, both Chinese and non-Chinese.

And I will continue to deride the farcical brylcreamed thugs until the day I die.

Guess Iā€™m not visiting HK any time soon - no great loss, I didnā€™t much like the crowds and prices, but did enjoy Discovery Bay.

1 Like

The delusions of significance in this thread areā€¦underwhelming

Guy

1 Like

Learn this, itā€™s your get outta jail free card :stuck_out_tongue:

And remember, like all things made in China, this song is another sloppily-done cloneā€¦this time of the Kuomintangā€™s slogan.

Arenā€™t you going to have to quarantine upon arrival in Hong Kong?

Thatā€™s his two weeks stay.

2 Likes

You could always criticize China as ā€œthe place that can not be mentionedā€ and the CCP as the ā€œparty that can not be mentionedā€ ?

1 Like

What if heā€™s in a real low budget movie about a white guy who gets tossed into quarantine???

2 Likes