Is it true that Taiwanese women are very clingy?

DG, to be honest, maybe I’m missing something here but I think it would have been reasonable for you to say thanks for dinner considering your earlier revelation…

If coming back later on to ask you that was all he did, then I don’t think he was “clingy” at all. Sure, a phone call the next day would have been more appropriate, but maybe the guy actually had feelings for you and was little confused.
I for one, find it confusing that you “started having a date” with someone after you had been sleeping with already. Have you ever thought of doing it the other way around?

Yeah, right. You should try it the other way round. But on the other hand like this you might at least not be considered clingy if you have no other interest in men besides sex.
Are Taiwanese women more clingy? I know no statistics, but the one thing I can tell is that it is no real fun to go to a club here -as a western woman- and find that every western man is surrounded by at least five (i

What about your friends? :wink:[/quote]

YC is quite right, Sweetie. Your friends very well might be able to help you become more clingy.[/quote]

But usually I am the one that tells me friends not to be clingy… but now that I think about it none of my friends are clingy either…

Goodness me! What incredible perception! I can’t think why no other western women have brought up this subject on Forumosa before. :unamused:
How many posts before we see the other side of this gross and bitter stereotype?
Gents? I know you’re out there with your “fat hairy western women” stories.

Jesus. :noway:[/quote]

Okay then Sandman, how many of those club kids do you think had 5 women dancing around him to keep other women from hitting on him back in Minneapolis? Is she saying these guys are outwardly unattractive? No. Is she saying that there’s a good chance they didn’t have a swarm of women fighting to take him home? I think most of us didn’t have to deal with such horrors as having a group of atttractive people vying for their attention at a club. I’m playing devil’s advocate here, but I think she’s merely asking if these guys find this behavior as being clingy and if they perceive themselves as being more attractive here. You guys discuss the rationale of physical attraction (over local men) as being seen as exotic just as you see Asian women as being exotic (some see it more than others, but I’m still playing devil’s advocate here), but then when someone comes on viewing non-Taiwanese women as being attractive, guys shoot them down…like here. I certainly didn’t get any vibe of being insulting. Off-topic a little, but certainly not being purposely rude. Don’t be so bloody defensive.

Personally, I find this whole thread racist.

i don’t think that Taiwanese woman are clingy at all
they are just like any other woman in the world
sure there are some clingy ones
but it’s just like anyother country
there are all kinds of woman out there

i know there are some woman who really want to meet some western guy
but … that’s them
you can’t judge the whole Taiwanese women by them

and clubs…
clubbing is not really in the Taiwanese culture…(in comparison to the US… where thursday night is the clubbing night)
and from some threads that i read
some Taiwasese girls who actually go to the clubs are because they wanted to meet some western man

“I’m playing devil’s advocate here, but I think she’s merely asking if these guys find this behavior as being clingy and if they perceive themselves as being more attractive here.”

Thank you ImaniOU for playing devil

Why? Well, like I said in my original post, I started the thread because I had heard a lot of foreign men complained that about Taiwnese women and thought I’d start a thread and see if the men on the board could shed some light on it. Personally, I don’t even think it’s true and it annoys the hell out of me if that’s what most foreign men think of Taiwanese women. So, I’m not sure why it could be thought as racist if that was the intention and that I’m a Taiwanese woman… But maybe I’m missing something here… :blush:

I think that Westerners are just more independent than Taiwanese in general and dating expectations here are different.
For example, I don’t really want a guy to call me everyday and constantly tell me that he misses me. (Every other day is nice, though :wink: )

However in my experience dating some Taiwanese men, they seem to think that as a woman, I naturally want this! My female Taiwanese roommate says that yes, most Taiwanese women do expect to their man to check in with them on a daily basis and vice versa. Also, Taiwanese men always want to hold my hand when we’re out on dates. I guess they’re used to doing this with their Taiwanese girlfriends, but that’s just something that most guys don’t do back in the U.S. So, for a Western guy with little knowledge of the dating scene here, these kind of expectations coming from a woman could be perceived as “clingy”.

But nevermind that Dave’s girl. Most Western guys who date Taiwanese women are able to manage their way around all the little nuances of an intercultural relationship. Forget about the the things you hear foreign men complaining about. They complain about Western women too. Some men just like complaining in general.

Taiwanese women that are young, insecure, and emotionally immature can be clingy. The ones I’ve met that are over 30 are not in the least (my last girlfriend was in her early 30s). I think it takes time for people to learn perspective. Jealous women with high school mentalities are equally unpleasant anyplace.

Well, yes, I must admit as a Taiwanese; we are a bit more emotionally attached to friends and relatives. It’s just in the culture. People cling to eachother in Taiwan (Mother to children, girlfriends to boyfriends, etc.).

But, as Taiwanese society moves ever closer toward Western cultures. One finds Taiwanese people getting more independent and individualistic. Which is good. I really loathe to see how parents pamper their children or girlfriends or boyfriends get overly emotional about things. What’s the use getting too involved with other people? It’s just too draining on energy.

For me, I try to ignore most people even myself.

Kiitos paljon.

In most cases, you’ll need an oxygen tank and a breathing tube to get any air.

The upside is that it is actually very good exercise to walk around with a 100 pound woman strapped to your body.

[quote=“Junie”]Yeah, right. You should try it the other way round. But on the other hand like this you might at least not be considered clingy if you have no other interest in men besides sex.
Are Taiwanese women more clingy? I know no statistics, but the one thing I can tell is that it is no real fun to go to a club here -as a western woman- and find that every western man is surrounded by at least five (i

[quote=“Junie”]Yeah, right. You should try it the other way round. But on the other hand like this you might at least not be considered clingy if you have no other interest in men besides sex.
Are Taiwanese women more clingy? I know no statistics, but the one thing I can tell is that it is no real fun to go to a club here -as a western woman- and [u][b]find that every western man is surrounded by at least five (i

you guys talk about the alleged clinginess of Taiwanese girls like it’s a bad thing…lol

Actually, my experience has been that they are very loving and loyal, rather than clingy. I’ve only had good experiences, that is to say, except for the one stalker I had. Admittedly that was my fault. She was a one night stand that I promised to call and didn’t. She continued with her stalking for over three months and even once threatened to kill me!!

I think that in a stable committed relationship you’ll be okay, but I learnt my lesson with one night stands!! I think the big difference is that girls here (and my stalker was 36 by the way) generally can’t dissasociate casual sex from love. And with us being geust here, I think we should respect that and adapt. I think we get way more in a relationship here than what we give, and (as I learnt-the hard way) we should maybe be a little more careful with who we jump in the sack with.

Yes, they are more clingy because they depend on thier bf for transportation. I had a friend (female) who was totally clueless after her bf dump her, she doesn’t know how to take a bus, or MRT, or get to point A from point B

I don’t think you seen this anywhere else but here.

Whew, glad I read this topic before moving to Taiwan. These “clingers” sound more dangerous than the traffic, the water, and gangsters all combined…

Yeah, but they’re great fun all the same.