Is Michael Turton worth following? [Blog ENDED - September 2018]

If that’s a western currency, just multiply it by a few tens of thousands of donors, and he can quit the day job.

Racist, sexist, and boring. . .

That seems a little, racist, sexist and boring.

1 Like

wow… seems like the forum is beginning to attract you and other people who paint with a wide brush on middle aged white guys.

2 Likes

also ageist.
or maybe that’s the “boring” part.

an amazingly accurate description of the expat community in Taiwan!

What expat community in Taiwan ?

2 Likes

Who’s an expat?

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age — I missed it coming and going. ~J.B. Priestly

4 Likes

The raccoon expat community, of course.

for those cyclists like myself out there, he’s started another site:

1 Like

Yes, if you like wrong predictions.

Turton: But I think when the smoke clears the DPP will keep five of the six municipalities it currently has. (http://www.atimes.com/article/taiwan-democracy-under-siege/)

Yes, his political biases clearly prevented him from being able to make well thought-out & reasonable/rational analysis. But many political commentators suffer from the same. Many forumosans suffer from the same.

He is still on twitter.

Yeah. He links to interesting stuff sometimes.

I don’t understand… some people seem to expect much from a guy writing whatever he wants on his blog. Why has he to do this or that, in this or some other way? He just wants to write his (stupid or not) opinions. The fact that he has a lot of followers doesn’t mean that he has the obligation of doing certain things, or his blog in a more “professional” way.

I guess that my comment doesn’t make much sense if I don’t quote what I’m criticizing:

1 Like

No he does not. He submits articles to various publications around the world. It is clear that he wants to tbe aken seriously as a commentator of Taiwan politics. It is fair game then if people comment on predictions that are full of biases.

Sure, it is. But my point is that he’s free to do whatever he wants with his stupid blog and opinions. And he doesn’t need to undergo some validation because he’s not doing it for the government or anything. You, and anybody else, can call it on bullshit, and probably I would do the same if I had the time and knowledge to analyze his articles.

Sure, but Turton’s political biases aren’t much worse than Liberty Times (自由時報) or Taipei Times.

or Taiwan News.