Is Michael Turton worth following? [Blog ENDED - September 2018]

:left_speech_bubble: Learn wisdom from the ways of a seedling. A seedling which is never hardened off through stressful situations will never become a strong productive plant. — Stephen Sigmund

I was hoping it would be something like join the Radical Faeries. But a seedling? :roll:

Okay Rollo, I guess you have some growth to do.

You will awaken Fred Smith in a minute.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

If that’s a western currency, just multiply it by a few tens of thousands of donors, and he can quit the day job.

Racist, sexist, and boring. . .

That seems a little, racist, sexist and boring.

wow… seems like the forum is beginning to attract you and other people who paint with a wide brush on middle aged white guys.

also ageist.
or maybe that’s the “boring” part.

an amazingly accurate description of the expat community in Taiwan!

What expat community in Taiwan ?

Who’s an expat?

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age — I missed it coming and going. ~J.B. Priestly

The raccoon expat community, of course.

for those cyclists like myself out there, he’s started another site:

Yes, if you like wrong predictions.

Turton: But I think when the smoke clears the DPP will keep five of the six municipalities it currently has. (http://www.atimes.com/article/taiwan-democracy-under-siege/)

Yes, his political biases clearly prevented him from being able to make well thought-out & reasonable/rational analysis. But many political commentators suffer from the same. Many forumosans suffer from the same.

He is still on twitter.

Yeah. He links to interesting stuff sometimes.

I don’t understand… some people seem to expect much from a guy writing whatever he wants on his blog. Why has he to do this or that, in this or some other way? He just wants to write his (stupid or not) opinions. The fact that he has a lot of followers doesn’t mean that he has the obligation of doing certain things, or his blog in a more “professional” way.

I guess that my comment doesn’t make much sense if I don’t quote what I’m criticizing: