Is Santa dead?

It’s the adults in the article that’s spoiling it.

Some teachers eh.:neutral_face:

2 Likes

If you have kids it’s not too bad. Sense of excitement is still there to a degree.

I don’t know… 6 or 7? I kept it up for a year or two longer to make my parents happy. Which is totally fine too.

I think by 2nd or 3rd grade most kids are already privy to the fact that Santa is their parents and that the quality of their Christmas presents is largely contingent on their salaries. I’m pretty sure I figured it out at 7 or 8.

I can’t understand why a teacher would go out of the way to tell their class about it, though. Usually it’s some loud mouthed asshole with a bad home life who spoils it for their classmates.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I thought you meant the "Loud mouthed asshole with a bad home life " was the teacher until I read it again :rofl:

1 Like

"Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? "
Well, it has become pretty chilly in the a.m. lately.

“Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become flying jolly old elves simply to appear worthy of it?”

I debated whether to tell my kids about Santa before I had kids and when they were too young to understand. When they were older I decided to go with a no lying, no childhood crushing approach. I never talk about Santa as if he is real and deflect any questions about him. My kids are 8 now and I believe they logically know he can’t be real, but have decided to continue to believe because it’s awesome. I suspect we’ll have “the Christmas spirit” talk soon…and the don’t screw it up for other kids talk as well. I plan to approach it like it’s part of a plan to make kids happy and have a good time, and now that they’re old enough they need to help make sure that younger kids get to enjoy the magic of Christmas.

Apparently not…

An easy mistake to make.

The loud mouthed asshole with a bad home life is savvy in ways that happier kids are not. Because it turns out he’s dead right about Santa. But do we ever apologize to him? No…

1 Like

When I was young. We were quite poor. Like really poor, struggling every month and had to sell the car once to make it. So toys and gifts were not in abundance. We had imagination and the outside to explore. An imaginary figure that brings toys was a big deal. You can see why a child in that position would cling onto the idea of Santa.

2 Likes

Santa is not dead. Forumosa must be one of the most cynical cyberspace hangouts , but it’s fun though well most of the time. :grinning:

1 Like

My eight-year-old has definitely figured it out, but pretends to believe it to get more presents out of me. That in itself seems like a valuable life lesson.

4 Likes

Not mutually exclusive. Just sayin’. :ghost: :heart:

Why do Chinese kids do not believe in Santa?

Because they are manufacturing the gifts.

They believe in the magic Winnie the pooh (emperor for life) who will look after their best interests and deliver them from the evilness of free speech.

1 Like

Old white men only take things away in a sack.

2 Likes

Ok you got me on the meaning. I don’t get it. :thinking:

Which word is confusing you?

1 Like