Is Steve Irwin really Michael Jackson?

I agree with your assessment of the situation hexuan. It may have been irresponsible of him to do that with his kid, but I’m sure he didn’t believe he was putting his child in any real danger.

People always have too much to say about how others raise their kids anyway. I remember when I was about 7 or 8, my dad got quite a scolding from the police. Our neighbors called them and complained. Apparently they didn’t think he should be driving around with me and sis “riding” on roof of the car. Geesh, people can be so uptight. I mean we had a bike rack to hang on to. We thought it was great fun!

Being inured to danger doesn’t mean that you not in danger! It was a dumb thing to do even if the danger was remote.

Being inured to danger doesn’t mean that you not in danger! It was a dumb thing to do even if the danger was remote.[/quote]

Life is dangerous. Not of one us get’s out alive :expressionless:

Homer: Don’t worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep… in a giant blender.

Although he can’t really publicly tell everyone to mind their own fucking business, I’m sure that’s what he’s thinking :sunglasses:

Also about the topic, it’s a bit harsh. The first thing that comes to my my when I think about Steve Irwin and Michael Jackson are very, very different.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Parents putting their children is danger ? That would never happen here.

[Insert picture of family of 5 on scooter with the kids not wearing helmets][/quote]

It’s kinda sad to see that sometimes. :frowning:

Some of the parents who do that are just careless.

But some of them are forced to do that because they don’t have enough time and money. Well, a family of 5 is rare since it’s hard to do.

But a family of 3 or 4 can be seen all the time.
Most of them are wearing helmets now because of the police.
I wonder those helmets for kids really work when something happen?

Yes, Taiwan is still developing.
And we still have a long way to go.

By the way, I think motorists should have the “right of way” like a car during rush hour in Taipei. There should be a lane dedicated to motorbikes. Since Taipei is a crowded city, it’s not a good idea to encourage people to drive. Yes, MRT could solve some problems, but not all the traffic problems.

The city government should do something about it since much much more people are riding motorcycles than driving a car.

Well, just my two bits. :unamused:

Good point cybertai: the family on scooter is often the result of lack of money. That’s a good distinction between that and what Irwin did – mere self-promotion, a publicity stunt taht backfired.

I agree with Hexuan that Irwin’s inured to the danger, to him it’s no big deal and he didn’t realize it would cause such a reaction. But it’s one thing to put yourself in front of a giant croc and it’s another to hoist a plump, juicy baby in front of the croc when the baby can’t be asked to consent. I think it was stupid but he probably won’t endanger the kid like that again in the near future.