Is "Taipei Guest House" a Brothel?

I’m almost certain that you’re just kidding, but just in case, I thought I’d add that I’ve been under the impression that it’s knowledge of a kind that doesn’t require personal experience:

Here’s a snippet from a scholarly piece on it, recycled from a post I made last year:

The One Studio One Phoenix mode of operations is most prevalent in Taipei City and fixed locations are mostly located in Taipei County.

. . .

Most studios are located in an apartment complex. When a customer gets to the complex, the chicken head will tell the customer a room number to go to. After the customer ring the bell, a sex worker will open the door. If the customer does not like what he sees, he will get in touch with the chicken head downstairs and a new room number will be offered. These places often restrict the transaction to one hour, but some places do not set time limits, as long as a sex worker does not have another customer waiting. These One Studio One Phoenix operations involve both “Taiwanese Tea” (Taiwanese women) and “Water Tea” (Mainland Chinese women). Some studios are famous for the quality of their service, and some are appealing because they are staffed predominantly with Mainland Chinese women. Taiwanese sex workers in these studios include both full-time and part-time workers. Mainland Chinese working in these establishments may come to Taiwan on their own or by being smuggled into Taiwan by sex ring operators.

–James O. Finchkenauer and Ko-lin Chin, “Asian Transnational Organized Crime and Its Impact on the United States: Developing a Transnational Crime Research Agenda (March 2006),” pages 92-93, from the U. S. National Criminal Justice Reference Service Web site

The Justice Department adds the following caveat to the above:

This report has not been published by the U.S. Department of Justice.

. . .

Opinions or points of view expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official position or policies of the U.S.Department of Justice.