Is Taiwan Beer where Taiwanese pop stars go to die?

I think it has become a trend for Taiwanese pop stars to sign advertising contracts for Taiwan beer when they are past their prime. It happened with A-mei. I think it is definitely happening with Jolin.
I teach a lot of teenagers at the moment and few, if any express an interest in the local pop scene. Instead they are all interested in pop music from Korea. Looking at some of it, I can kind of see why. The Taiwanese are just dull in comparison and nobody is listening to them anymore. Nobody has anything to compare to this girl from Korea:

So I have this question; Is an advertising contract with Taiwan Beer a sign that a local pop star is at the end of the line? Think it is. Taiwan needs an infusion of creativity.

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”]I think it has become a trend for Taiwanese pop stars to sign advertising contracts for Taiwan beer when they are past their prime. It happened with A-mei. I think it is definitely happening with Jolin.
I teach a lot of teenagers at the moment and few, if any express an interest in the local pop scene. Instead they are all interested in pop music from Korea. Looking at some of it, I can kind of see why. The Taiwanese are just dull in comparison and nobody is listening to them anymore. Nobody has anything to compare to this girl from Korea:

So I have this question; Is an advertising contract with Taiwan Beer a sign that a local pop star is at the end of the line? Think it is. Taiwan needs an infusion of creativity.[/quote]

So the girl from Korea sings a bland pop song while rubbing her pussy and you consider this an infusion of creativity?

A mei and Jolin are mature, successful performers. Not only do they appreciate good beer, they don’t need gimmicks to get new tricks.

Retirement is something to look forward to.

Why do Asian pop stars always make dancing look like gesturing?

Actually I think you guys are right. That dancer is quite sexualized and shallow. Jolin and A-mei are equally as shallow. However, she is selling more albums to teeny boppers, who couldn’t care less, right now than Jolin and A-mei ever will. I still think Taiwan beer is were you go when you are really desperate.
I may have chosen the worst possible example. Hayuna (I know these people because I teach teenagers)does confuse creativity with sexuality. So, I will present a better example. I think these girls have some talent anddon’t think these girls flaunt sexuality at all.

Evidently the Black Eyed Peas agree with me as they are going to promote them in America sometime this year.

Taiwan Beer is crap that gives me a headache and beer shits the day after drinking it

I heard TW beer has some rice in it. So if sake gives you a hangover (as it does me) TW beer will too (as it does me).

Can’t believe you forgot Wubai! Taiwanese celebrities would promote washing powder if they got paid enough.

I got to say though after teaching a lot of Koreans here in Australia they are a lot cooler, hip, and tuned in than your average Taiwanese or Chinese. They are very similar to Japanese in a way, but a little more original.

Maybe the younger generation , the older generation are insufferable bores, at least in Korea.

I think somebody has learned to promote things properly over there. The music scene sucked when I was there even more than it does here.
I will say something about girls using their bodies to sell albums, they are not trying to say they are anything more than that. In the west we have Madonna and Lady Gaga. I hate both of them. Neither one of them is a great performer in my opinion. But because they talk about religion sometimes, or appear in weird outfits, they are considered great artist. Madonna kisses a black Jesus, Lady Gaga portrays the twelve disciples as a biker gang and they are considered great art. It is easy to attach religion to attach religion something and offend people. It is another thing to be truly creafive. Madonna and Gaga are highly overrated. Their talents would be better put to use selling Taiwan beer.
At least the Asian stars don’t mistake pelvic thrusts for high art.

Sake has never given me a hangover. I think it is all the formalehyde along with other things in the beer.

This old thread is fun.

I think A-Mei was more famous later, if that’s even possible in the Chinese world because everyone already knew her. And she probably made more money on an annual basis after this time.

It’s probably where I’ll die. If I die broke.