Is Taiwan racist?

As long as you don’t litter. :banana: :slight_smile:

Yeah bananaman!

Good point though with all the cameraphones these days there’s always somebody out to get ya when you try and light a 7-11 on fire after they refuse you ketchup…

1 Like

For the record, this is the part of @Brianjones 's post I liked. Just to be clear!

Guy

Yes I edited it aftewards, too fast to like :slight_smile:

But I thought you were married???

1 Like

Yeah I’m speaking figuratively …Poetic licence :slight_smile:

Far from saying its ok, I was explaining that religions of various inclinations have been used to rationalise going to war. Crusades were the religious cover and rationalisation for a searing economic conflict between europe and the middle east.

38 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why do I dislike Islam?

i only here a month but find taiwan has friendly people, easy government, good economy, and nice weather. some of the back areas are messed but not as bad as philippines. i have sensed no discrimination because i am filipina living with taiwanese man

Talaga?:worried:

do you mean tagolog language?

Yes . I truly think you have not been here long enough to see the way most Taiwanese people look down on some races here. Taiwanese are very kind and generous in many ways. Sadly they do not see some others as equal. Your boyfriend would know and understand. I hope you never experience it and Taiwan learns , but that is an unfortunate reality now.
Salamat Po.

1 Like

you are probably correct since only three months in taiwan. i will see him say on subject when he is with me and good mood

I originally thought Taiwan was discriminatory to Southeast Asians but then I went to Hong Kong last week. Whooyiii… the service people at restaurants and shops treated them like dirt, way worse than Taiwan. Their face got all angry looking, they refused to serve them sometimes, and when they did items were thrown across the table to them.
In thought Hong Kong being an international city would be more enlightened than Taiwan but it’s much much worse.

Taiwan treats the workers bad behind the scenes but in public I don’t see the same level of disdain.

Nice weather …emmmm…ummmm

@dan2006 I don’t think Hong Kong can be classed as discriminatory, everybody is treated equally bad
if your not from Hong Kong = they hate you.
if you don’t speak cantonese = they hate you.
if your not from their district = they hate you.
if you don’t have the same family name = they hate you.
if they have nothing to hate you for, they will hate you for that.
you can’t be xenophobic if you hate everyone.:grinning:

Back to the main point is Taiwan racist?
I don’t think it is any more or less than other developed county, it has some polices and ideas that are not inline with my own. I can’t think of a county that doesn’t, but would it be racist of me to expect them to change to something that I perceive as acceptable? I don’t currently have the resources to start my own Dictatorship but I’m working on it :grinning:

What a wonderful day we had at the beach…
… now lets talk about public opinion of foreign people living in Taiwan.

Would you like some Tea?

Edit: I have no idea what the above post is about so I’m editing this post.

Did you go to the beach with BJ?

It was an add on to BJ’s reply to Bunnyhabbit

As a Taiwanese, I can’t say that every Taiwanese is a non-racist. Racism is found everywhere. You will find racism in North America or Middle East. It is not about the country. You will always meet hateful people. Sometimes, I meet these people you met. Sometimes, they try to mess with you even they are unprovoked. I live in a building with an elevator and janitor in a safe area. I know there are some annoying old ladies living here. But, I spend most of my time locked in my apartment. I am not social here. I only have contact with the janitor because I need to pay for the building’s utilities. I only hang out with people who don’t live in the same building. But, I am still selective. Sometimes, you can feel the toxic people. Just avoid them. Try to stay in an area with more family people. If someone messes with you, just avoid any confrontation. This doesn’t mean you are a coward. But, this is called “personal development” and you will gain respect from others no matter where you are from.

1 Like