Is Thailand the new front line in the fight against Muslims?

Scores of Thai Muslims died today in a confrontation with the military. I was in Thailand in April when many Muslims were killed in another clash with the military and I spoke to several Thais in Bangkok who told me that they “hated Muslims”. A few years back, I crossed the border with Malaysia at Satun and the tension in the deep south was palpable. It didn’t have that laid back feel that Thailand generally has.
Will things blow up in Thailand? Is this just a national phenomenon, or is the current insurgency being fuelled by Malaysia in the spirit of the demagogic, Islamasist former PM Mahatir Mohammed? Or is the Thai military too heavy handed in their handling of the matter?

The thread title could be misleading. Could could have equally wrote, “Is Thailand the new front line in the fight by Muslims to destroy all that is not Islamic”. Yes, the Thai Buddist majority is more powerful, but that doesn’t neceesarily give the “underdog” automatic moral legitimacy.

This is a stupid Western concept … The concept that the minority always has some kind of moral highground or more legitimacy.

The harsh reality is that Islam doesn’t get along with its neighbors. Almost any place in the world where Islam is found, you can see bloodshed against their neighbors. It isn’t just White People. It isn’t just Americans. It isn’t just Rich Industrialized Nations. It isn’t just the Majority … that tries to “fight” Muslims.

Some day, we might take a look at what modern-day Islam has realy become in terms of hatred towards any neighbor that is not a worshipper of Allah. The ideal state for Islamic regions/states is that all non-Muslims be dead. Most are not bomb-throwers, and most would not condone it. However, the “organization” as a whole is lead by those who create an international vehicle for resentment, victimization, animosity, hatred and terrorism.

Muslim extremists do pose a serious problem for the Thai government, but the govt was definitely too heavy handed in this case. The govt first reported that 6 muslims were shot to death in the rioting. Then today the news came out that 78 of the rioters were suffocated or squashed to death by being shoved into overcrowed police vans. I empathize with the police trying to control a difficult situation, but their murder of the rioters is inexcusable. And if anything such governmental abuse will only fan the fires.

Or it might be an accident. Or it might be a “message” to Muslim extremists, the kind of message that seems to work very effectively but is no longer possible of being sent in the West. Not saying I condone it but I believe similar measures were used in the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand in the fight against communism and they worked very well. Would we be having half as many problems in Iraq if we did not give a shit about civilian casualties? I mean what would the point of targeting them be if no one cared. Perhaps, in a way, we are maximizing civilian casualties by taking such great efforts to avoid them. That is precisely why Saddam and other dictators have deliberately placed military installations in heavily populated civilian areas, why the terrorists and insurgents run to hide in mosques, etc. There is a price to be paid for “sensitivity” sometimes it results in even more deaths unfortunately.

[quote=“pinesay”]The thread title could be misleading. Could could have equally wrote, “Is Thailand the new front line in the fight by Muslims to destroy all that is not Islamic”. Yes, the Thai Buddist majority is more powerful, but that doesn’t neceesarily give the “underdog” automatic moral legitimacy.

I agree entirely. Actually my original posting title was “Is Thailand the new front in the war against Islamasists (sic.)”, but for some reason, it was altered

[quote=“ziggy stardust”][quote=“pinesay”]The thread title could be misleading. Could could have equally wrote, “Is Thailand the new front line in the fight by Muslims to destroy all that is not Islamic”. Yes, the Thai Buddist majority is more powerful, but that doesn’t neceesarily give the “underdog” automatic moral legitimacy.

I agree entirely. Actually my original posting title was “Is Thailand the new front in the war against Islamasists (sic.)”, but for some reason, it was altered[/quote][/quote]
Well…isn’t that interesting?.. :unamused:

I agree entirely. Actually my original posting title was “Is Thailand the new front in the war against Islamasists (sic.)”, but for some reason, it was altered[/quote]
Well…isn’t that interesting?.. :unamused:[/quote]
Yes, after all, the left must make it appear that the U.S. is attacking Muslims as a whole, rather than only going after the fanatical nutjobs who want to drag civilization into a new dark age.

I agree entirely. Actually my original posting title was “Is Thailand the new front in the war against Islamasists (sic.)”, but for some reason, it was altered[/quote]
Well…isn’t that interesting?.. :unamused:[/quote]
Yes, after all, the left must make it appear that the U.S. is attacking Muslims as a whole, rather than only going after the fanatical nutjobs who want to drag civilization into a new dark age.[/quote]

Wow, that’s really screwed! First the Jews assasinated JFK cuz he wanted to impose Catholicism on the people; then they staged the 9/11 tragedy, making it look like muslims did it, so the US would attack Iraq; then the supposed assasination attempt against President Chen; and now this – tampering with thread titles in forumosa. I always knew they were up to something. I suggest we take action now.
:taz:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Wow, that’s really screwed! First the Jews assasinated JFK cuz he wanted to impose Catholicism on the people; then they staged the 9/11 tragedy, making it look like muslims did it, so the US would attack Iraq; then the supposed assasination attempt against President Chen; and now this – tampering with thread titles in forumosa. I always knew they were up to something. I suggest we take action now.
:taz:[/quote]
Are you saying that the Jews control Forumosa, MT? If so, I think you need to come to a Happy Hour and meet some of the stakeholders.

BTW, I always thought it was ACLU member Lee Harvey Oswald who killed Kennedy.

Good point. This messing with forumosa posts sounds like more of an ACLU type ploy. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were behind the latest Osama Bin Laden tape too – visiting his cave, maybe giving him a few furnishing from Ikea to spruce up the place, feeding him their leftist propaganda, taping an interview, then conveniently releasing it less than a week before the election. Coincidence? I think not. As for the happy hour, very clever, but I wasn’t born yesterday. I know how these ACLU types work.

[ I
Wow, that’s really screwed! First the Jews assasinated JFK cuz he wanted to impose Catholicism on the people; then they staged the 9/11 tragedy, making it look like muslims did it, so the US would attack Iraq; then the supposed assasination attempt against President Chen; and now this – tampering with thread titles in forumosa. I always knew they were up to something. I suggest we take action now.
:taz:[/quote]

Who said anything about Jews? Oy vey!

What are you talking about?? No less an authority than Walter Cronkite has claimed that the Osama tape was a ploy by Karl Rove. Get your conspiracies straight, you . . . you . . . oh, whatever you are. :rainbow:

Looks like things might be heating up in Henan.

nytimes.com/2004/11/02/inter … china.html

Just in. More from the “Religion of Peace”…

[quote]
Suspected Thai Insurgents Kill Nine

BANGKOK, Thailand - Suspected Muslim separatists stormed two houses in a southern village early Wednesday and opened fire on the families with assault rifles, killing nine people and injuring nine others, a regional governor said.[/quote]

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051116/ap_ … n_violence