Is the demand for English teachers high all year round?

Hi… I’m highly considering teaching english in Taiwan, but I was thinking about moving there in November or so. Is the demand for teachers in Taiwan high enough that finding a job shouldn’t be a problem? Or would going over there in November be a bad idea? Should I wait until February or the next hiring season to fly over there?

I’m just curious if I can find a good job in Taiwan no matter what time of year it is… Basically, is there “enough” demand that I can find a job in October or November no problem?

Thanks for any help.

Unless you were in some very remote town, I can’t see a problem getting work any time of the year.

Thank you very much for your help.

Can you tell me when the next big hiring season is?

Is it february 2008? Chinese New Year?

THank you in advance.

Could anyone tell me when the next big hiring season for ESL teachers is in Taiwan?

It would be a huge help to me. Thank you very much.

Generally speaking, it’s all open season. However, one can gain significant advantages by weighing in prior to the start of the semester. Jan or Feb vs June or July. That said one can also pick up some nifty deals in the middle of the semster, due to firings, leavings, etc. Yet, these are getting harder to find.