Is the Nobel Prize a F*cking joke?

Harold Pinter was just awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. Unbelievable. Unfukingbelievable. But then after seeing who got the Nobel Peace Prize, I shouldn’t be too surprised.

Here’s a recent example of his work.

[quote]American Football
(A Reflection upon the Gulf War)

Hallelullah!
It works.
We blew the shit out of them.

We blew the shit right back up their own ass
And out their fucking ears.

It works.
We blew the shit out of them.
They suffocated in their own shit!

Hallelullah.
Praise the Lord for all good things.

We blew them into fucking shit.
They are eating it.

Praise the Lord for all good things.

We blew their balls into shards of dust,
Into shards of fucking dust.

We did it.

Now I want you to come over here and kiss me on the mouth.[/quote]

A note: The original is without Forumosa’s ***. I guess Forumosa’s nanny censor doesn’t appreciate poetry by Nobel Prize winners.

Holly fuck. I should get the Nobel Fucking Peace Prize. Fuck’s sake.

Of course he deserves it - he’s got his own adjective - pinteresque I fully expect to get my check in the mail when I achieve eleguaesque

“Man, that was so eleguaesque”

Does that nanny really work? Fuck fucking fuck fucker fucked (just testing)

How come it only works on fucking? not the others?

Unfair representation there Comrade S. Pinter’s award is for a lifetime of theatre work, obviously it can’t all be good.

HG

He just doesn’t understand American Culture. All that shit and mouths and kissing. Sounds more Japanese to me. :wink:

I think its a great poem. :bravo:

And of course Huang Guang Chen is correct that the prize is for his lifetime’s work in theater, for which he is widely held in extremely high regard.

Well, they did give the Peace Prize to Kissinger.
That’s funny.
:wink:

[quote=“Jaboney”]Well, they did give the Peace Prize to Kissinger.
That’s funny.
:wink:[/quote] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote=“Jaboney”]Well, they did give the Peace Prize to Kissinger.
That’s funny.
:wink:[/quote] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

It’s not funny. It’s disgusting…but do you remember who he shared the Prize with? North Vietnam’s Le Duc Tho. Outside of the technical awards, the Nobel Prize has turned into a travesty. A bad joke.

After Carter received the peace prize, the Nobel committee lost all respect from me, but then that was after Arafat got it and I thought who next? Stalin? Hitler? Mao? Gotti?

I guess the moral of the story is that there are opinions out there other than our own, other ways of looking at the world than the way we do.

You could look at these awards as an eye-opener, that we all look at the world from our own blinkered perspective. Try to understand why you don’t understand. Then, I’m sure, the world will become a better place, and peace prizes … well, they might even become redundant.

I hope so.

:wink:

Rebel Leader Red Team, Dali Lama, got a Peace Prize…

I have to agree outside of the sciences and economics, the Literature and Peace category are too political to be considered objective.

It is Conservative Welfare, giving away money to conservative bastards that make like 1 liberal decision in their whole entire life or Liberals that reach out to conservative bastards once in their whole life. :loco:

I realized that when I was about 5 years old. But are you also saying all opinions are equally valid? If so, I’ll be an sure to remember that if I ever run into a child molester.

Right.

Ok, then.

Well demonstrated. :unamused:

Well, I don’t know, I always thought the basic premise rather flawed. I mean, a man invents a more efficient explosive and then gives awards for peace. Bit like fucking for virginity.

HG

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Right.

Ok, then.

Well demonstrated. :unamused:[/quote]

I asked you a serious question. Do you believe all opinions are equally valid?

Well there is also no Nobel Prize for Mathematics as well. Seems like his wife had an affair with a Math guy and that’s his revenge… :loco:

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Stray Dog”]Right.

Ok, then.

Well demonstrated. :unamused:[/quote]

I asked you a serious question. Do you believe all opinions are equally valid?[/quote]

god yr tedious man…

there’s an opinion for you.

anyway pinter is a genius. deserves any award he gets…

Welllllll…I guess that adds up.

[quote=“the bear”]

there’s an opinion for you.[/quote]

Opinions are like assholes.

Pinter is a piece of shit who will be forgotten and unread in 30 years except in some obscure English Lit class.