Is the same standard applied to all posters?

[quote=“tash”]Toasty, I get your point. But it’s a missed point. Your point is about JBaroh. Can we have a discussion about ‘favoritism’ in general, please?
If you think there’s no ‘favoritism’ on f.com, then fine, that’s your opinion. But you can’t keep defending that opinion by just arguing what JBaroh did or didn’t do.[/quote]

I don’t think there’s no favoritism here. There is. However, I don’t see what JBaroh has to do with that reality. Responses have contained references to JBaroh, because your original post mentioned him as the reason you started this thread. He was treated more than fairly and is not a good example of double standards… I guess my point is, if anyone behaved like him, they’d receive similar treatment. Possibly not so in less extreme examples(?).

[quote=“Toasty”][quote=“tash”]Toasty, I get your point. But it’s a missed point. Your point is about JBaroh. Can we have a discussion about ‘favoritism’ in general, please?
If you think there’s no ‘favoritism’ on f.com, then fine, that’s your opinion. But you can’t keep defending that opinion by just arguing what JBaroh did or didn’t do.[/quote]

I don’t think there’s no favoritism here. There is. However, I don’t see what JBaroh has to do with that reality. Responses have contained references to JBaroh, because your original post mentioned him as the reason you started this thread. He was treated more than fairly and is not a good example of double standards… I guess my point is, if anyone behaved like him, they’d receive similar treatment. Possibly not so in less extreme examples(?).[/quote]
I was hoping that saying this in my original post would be enough to divert the discussion to the more general one:

But, obviously, it wasn’t. Good lesson to me. Will do better next time :wink:

Overzealous moderating.

Some mods should lighten up. Relax a rittle. You might not think something is funny/worth discussing, but others may think it is. Remember, the majority of readers of this site are not members. I think having one forum under strict control (Learning Chinese) is enough. But that’s just me. F.com is a good place to spend time, have a few laughs, look up info, etc. and the mods all know this, so loosen up a little. But of course, mods of different forums moderate differently, so I shut up for now. Gotta go doctor!

It’s out of our hands, anyway. Suspensions are entirely at Maoman’s discretion, as you know.
The sperm bank post was jumped on I’m guessing because it came right after his shagging exploits/wingman posts. They were jumped on, rightly or wrongly, and this was made worse when he continued to repost the same thing again and again. See > where it says “respect the wishes of the moderators and administrators.” He didn’t, IMO.
Were his shagging exploits/seduction technique stuff over the line? Debatable. I’d say “not really, the guy’s just seems young and not very astute.” Then you see the article in today’s Apple Daily about `dirty furriners after our wimmin’ and I think “Hmmmm. Maybe he SHOULD be given a platform – there are obviously many people like him out fucking their ways through Taipei’s bars. We shouldn’t exclude such a large sector of the foreign population.”

In the old days, I’d post something out of line and it’d get deleted. Big deal. I never complained. Now I have to really watch out or I’ll be kicked off. All because I’m not a Republican.

Oh, jeez, I always thought it was the Vulcan thing that got you booted off…or they were jelluss 'cause you pray guitar so purty…shows what I know…

I know of few men (foreign or local) who go to bars hoping to discuss neo-confucism. :laughing:

:beer:

I know of few men (foreign or local) who go to bars [paraphrased: for reasons other than fucking]. [/quote]
I don’t. Pretty sure Maoman doesn’t either. Most of my circle of friends don’t either. That’s what I mean – we’re obviously in such a tiny minority, perhaps since Forumosa is seeking to reach as many people as possible, we should suspend our old-fart prudery and accept that the majority of posters DO want to talk about fucking strangers. Who are we to go against the wishes of the majority?

Can’t you just fake it?

I know of few men (foreign or local) who go to bars [paraphrased: for reasons other than fucking]. [/quote]
I don’t. Pretty sure Maoman doesn’t either. Most of my circle of friends don’t either. That’s what I mean – we’re obviously in such a tiny minority, perhaps since Forumosa is seeking to reach as many people as possible, we should suspend our old-fart prudery and accept that the majority of posters DO want to talk about fucking strangers. Who are we to go against the wishes of the majority?[/quote]
Forumosa is not a democracy, kibbutz, or a commune.

I don’t mind. I’m taking it for what it is and making the best of it for me.

But, I hope no-one out there is fooling themselves that it’s something it ain’t.

Can’t you just fake it?[/quote]

Not without penile reduction surgery…

Not me, that’s for sure. :wink:

Not without penile reduction surgery…[/quote]

And you would know this because…?

Not without penile reduction surgery…[/quote]

And you would know this because…?[/quote]

I read a lot of mamby-pamby liberal-biased media…also I grew up on the farm…

Disappointed to come back from a late lunch to find this is only 4 pages long. I was sure a 10 page fun-fest awaited my return. Ah well. :smiley:

Could it be that all those who dare have spoken already.

Or, that the rest are still not back from late lunch :wink:

I think a lot of factors come to play when dealing with Floundered or Flamed posts and/or…how should I say it…“eccentric” posters. Some would view the examination of these factors as favortism but I see it as looking at the whole picture.

There is a grey area in between trying to do the right thing and trying to do the just thing.

There is fav-ism here, but big deal! There is a tendancy to circle the wagons…again…big deal. It’s the internet. Day 24 of my NYR and I have yet to lose my cookies over anything. Quite the opposite, I have been a shining example of humility. Good thread tho Tash. Although its been said many times many ways, this one has a sense and sensibility to it. :bravo:

[quote=“tash”]I don’t mind. I’m taking it for what it is and making the best of it for me.

But, I hope no-one out there is fooling themselves that it’s something it ain’t.[/quote]

There are a couple of tricks I use on f.com to keep what remains of my sanity.

A) Walk away from it for a while. It should not be a dominating factor in my life. Just an able and sometime disabled assistant to expat life in Taiwan.

B) The site is my friend, but it can get cranky and bite me at times. I then refer back to (A)

Well, honestly, when you are moderating and you also have to have a life outside, you won’t get into the fav thing anyway. You are scanning words, and well, I for one would flame my fellow mod of the same forum without losing one minute’s sleep over it. I think I did once, actually.