Is there a set amount of off topic replies after which threads are split?

That sounds like something from the Old Testament.

Surely at a certain point, you wouldn’t eat it.

You don’t want to know about my diet. :see_no_evil:

slice off the 10%

:rofl:

That has great potential for ethnic jokes, but I try to resist the temptation. :speak_no_evil:

If not,at least follow up with why you think the 10% is important.

I don’t believe 90% of apples are rotten or that the average apple is 90% rotten.

You apparently don’t believe there are millions of Syrian refugees in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan right now. Conclusion: we have different sources.

the very thing that keeps their country shit

That sort of claim belongs in the IP forum. Does religion matter? Yes. Is it sufficient to explain why the world is the way it is? No. If it were, those you-know-what countries in Latin America and the Caribbean would be easily explained by religion, but they’re not.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I don’t do IP. :slight_smile: :rainbow:

And I’ve given Islam credit where credit is due unlike other posters. I did not skip over the positives.

:rofl:

Refresh my memory.

Yes, I understand that argument, and I hope by now you understand the difference between permission and compulsion, i.e. the (western) state does not compel people to perform religious ceremonies. Or do you have evidence that it does?*

I don’t understand what you mean. Is that a typo for attacked? If so, how did I simultaneously ignore and attack your non-religious arguments?

Iirc you made arguments I didn’t bother addressing because others already had. If everyone comments on every point, it gets tedious.

*Arguably, children do not enjoy freedom of (or from) religion, as long as the state gives their parents the right to choose how they are raised, so in that sense there is religious compulsion in western countries. Should that be abolished?