Is there a Taiwanese/Canadian company in Taiwan? Hear me out first

I’m planning to immigrate to Canada and settle down there permanently. I’m Indonesian, 27 years old this year, will get my (Taiwanese) master’s degree next February. I have a background in IT/Information Systems/E-business.

My current CRS score is 456, and before COVID, the cut-off was around 470. When you turn 29, they will start subtracting 5 points per year, so my time is running out.

Since the international travel COVID restriction is probably going to stay for a while, I want to work for a couple of years, to get more experience under my belt. I’m also going to learn French, but I need to get a very high score in the test so I can’t really rely on this one.

So, I’m thinking, is there a Canadian company that has a Taiwanese branch? That I can work for for a couple of years, and then maybe I can ask for a transfer to Canada? Getting a guaranteed job position/offer will boost my CRS score by a huge margin.

Am I being too delusional with my ambition? Please give me honest advice. I just wanted to get a second opinion on how I should proceed moving forward.

1 Like