Is there real MMA in Taiwan, not Holger Chen (陳之漢)

Saw news of Holger Chen (陳之漢) fake MMA fight Saturday , wondering is there real MMA Taiwanese matches? This weekend event reminds of Japanese Pro Wrestling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Japan_Pro-Wrestling

Yes. There is RFC and Pro FC

Jenny Huang is in One FC. She also won when I worked with Pro FC in Taiwan.

Jeff “the machine” Huang is also notable. Has many fights in Pro FC and I think still in One FC.

There is of course Rocky Lee, who was in ultimate fighter and debut as the first Taiwanese fighter in a UFC fight.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about his girlfriend today, anyone know how she’s doing? She had that accident doing acrobatics in Bali I think

Thanks for the info ! Had interesting discussion after work at dinner with a local Female friend (she thought it was not a sport) , she thought MMA/UFC was related to gambling. I mentioned people watch it like any other sport/TV show, and she said the Americas (all North/Central/South) are very violent with such things , even taking it with them (they were also two Americans who killed an Roman policeman for a tiny bad business deal few days ago) to Italy in the news she related a violent country.

1 Like

Yes, it’s all over the news here. These two Americans tried to buy coke, but duped into crushed aspirin. I think went back and found the guy and stole his bag. Blackmail the guy to buy his bag back. The dealer told the police someone was trying blackmail him to set the American guys up. When the undercover went there to arrest them, one of the guy stabbed him and the cop would eventually die from the injuries.

I actually don’t know about the MMA scene in Europe. But it’s big in Asian. Huge in Japan and Korea now. Also China and Singapore.

I’m really not sure. I wasn’t very close to him personally but people around him. And I’ve never kept in touch like that with him so I’m not sure.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=898&v=k4d1c5vFBLE
wow it really does look fake, and not even in an entertaining way. the holger chen guy looks like he is on the gas.
k man reported it as real.

[/quote]

Yes, it’s all over the news here. These two Americans tried to buy coke, but duped into crushed aspirin. I think went back and found the guy and stole his bag. Blackmail the guy to buy his bag back. The dealer told the police someone was trying blackmail him to set the American guys up. When the undercover went there to arrest them, one of the guy stabbed him and the cop would eventually die from the injuries.

I actually don’t know about the MMA scene in Europe. But it’s big in Asian. Huge in Japan and Korea now. Also China and Singapore.
[/quote]

Yes bad news, saw it on Aussie news. It’s sad some Americans bring bad habits, and even wthout a gun find a weapons to do this. All this over small bad drug deal, seems they are rich (Americans) so it’s sad for all families.

She’s doing fine. Back performing.

1 Like