Is there really no way for me to stay longer in Taiwan

You may want to go early in the morning. When I went to apply for my ID number a few weeks ago, I went at around noon…big mistake! The place was packed… didn’t have enough seats due to social distancing policy. I had to wait in line for almost 1.5 hours…

1 Like

I was there today @2:30 it was all cleared out
Boca was 10 minutes and then went to nia.
Just 2 minutes.
Lady (nia) said you can only apply 15 days before expiration
Copy of current visa and passport along with originals
She told me the decision will be made in person made up to 30 minutes
She said apply early so if they request more docs youll have time
Also she did say to watch news about if more 30 day will be continually issued( she i didnt say no to more , but not yes)
Both offices were nice and friendly today normally i find boca to be better.

Hawaii is re-opening Oct 15 and requires an FDA-authorized NAAT test from a CLIA certified laboratory to avoid quarantine.

https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/#travel-FAQs

Hey Ben, pmed you.

You don’t get access to DMs immediately on registering. Not sure what the waiting period is. Anybody?

1 Like

Thanks the_bear
Found:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
1 Like

After almost 8 months after entering Taiwan I could finally obtain an ARC based on marriage about 4 weeks ago. They made it really very difficult for me when they said for many months that they won’t accept any name change documents even though in the end they still accepted my name change documents. Actually I planned to relocate from Taiwan to Thailand together with my wife and my daughter around the end of 2019/early 2020 timeframe. But as I didn’t register our marriage in Thailand yet my wife isn’t able to go to Thailand since March 2020 at all. So I’m stuck in Taiwan as I don’t want to go back to Thailand without my wife. At least with my new ARC I’m able to do more things than as a tourist like obtaining postpaid SIM cards, a wide choice of banks where I can open a bank account, etc. So the problem is solved for me.

3 Likes

I’m glad