Is this beer "famous" in its country?

I’m starting to get concerned about your day drinking. Is it time for an intervention?

2 Likes

As a matter of fact I do sometimes feel like to have a drink, or some pills or even to drill the vein when at work…

Let me take an educated guess… you like shopping at:
simple

They have tons of exotic beers, but many seem to be such export thingies. I like several of them, but I guess most if not all of them are not only not not famous in their home countries, but maybe even completely unknown. Lots seem to be from for example “Darguner Brauerei” in Germany, that pretty much no German ever heard of. I guess such breweries are big, but not really using their own brand names - they seem to serve for example discount store chains like Aldi, Netto or Lidl, supplying the ultra-cheap plastic bottled private label beers sold there.

My understanding, also backed a bit by the German article @Fei-Fan mentioned, is that big breweries bought the brand names of small breweries that closed down, and now use these to brand beer for export. Another example is the Oranjeboom strong beers in SimpleMart (or Wellcome, or others).

1 Like

That stuff is disgusting…sweeter than Coke or Pepsi.

True. But some like it sweet and strong. Think Doppelbock or Belgian Tripel…

Yes, I think the beer in the last picture came from the shop you said (actually I don’t know the name, it’s a crappy shop near a friend’s place). The first beer… I think I got it in what I call the Chinese Carrefour. I’ll let you guess what that is.

As for the beers being unknown in their (apparent) countries of origin, yeah, that’s what I guessed and why I opened this thread.

If anyone is a day drinker, I’ll buy the first one skip the intervention.

Yeah, I’m thinking of that weird Belgian (and French) thing where they put grenadine in the beer…yuck.

Ok, I think this one is a bit different but still suspicious. Also previously posted (with some naughty intention):

That’s Carrefour’s French shit, er stuff, brand. All pretty good in my experience. How’s the beer

1 Like

It is from Carrefour, yes. And probably you’re right and it’s one of their brands. I think I enjoyed it too.

EDIT: they have a website!

https://www.refletsdefrance.fr/produits/cave-et-vins-du-terroir-francais/bieres-et-cidres/biere-de-garde-blonde-du-nord-brassee-l

And it is a Carrefour brand:

http://www.carrefour.fr/marques/reflets-de-france

Carrefour has totally upped their import beers game.

Before I could only find Erdinger at Jason’s and now it’s a staple at Carrefour.

I’m not adventurous with my beers, so I picked up 4 bottles of Sam Adams for 68NT a bottle. I’m boring, but it sure as hell beats 250-300NT a bottle at the bar.

Where’s the NSFW warning! See what day drinking causes? I’d be scared to see your browser search history…

2 Likes

I’m more freaked out by his questionable taste in women…

1 Like

Just his taste in women? :wink:

Hey, I’m not that picky when it comes to beer either.

I just watch videos of pussies on youtube, really.

10 points to whoever recognizes the woman in the background.

EDIT: one clue: she did not feature in my DVD’s.

Does it begin with a “T” and end with a “rainwreck”?

2 Likes

Rumours got it that she actually got wrecked by some real animal, but it could be just an urban legend.