Is this beer "famous" in its country?

Cheapskate beers, all of them. It’s like the ‘Essential Beer’ brewed anywhere in the world by a brewery that gave the best offer. It was brewed in Korea, Belgium, Denmark … where ever.

Except the Flensburger, but that targets a different audience.

I didn’t mean this thread, I was referring to on the shelves. It is everywhere, like how IPA’s are ubiquitous back home.

Why it became a fad a few years ago is a mystery to me.

1 Like

Wild guess–because Alleycat’s had Hoegarden’s draft and it was popular. I never heard of wheat beer here before that.

you’re giving too much credit to Alleycat’s influence in the beer world of Taiwan.
:beers:

The Germans, everyone thinks German beer is the best, NOT!

2 Likes

Whooohahahaha! :smirk:

When it was lager and only lager available all over the place, wheat beer was a nice change. The cloudiness even looked different from all the lagers out there. Personally, I like wheat beer but they all taste about the same and so I’m not so excited about it anymore. The Hoegaarden wheat beer has that different taste (what was the added ingredient again?), but that gets a bit old after two or three summers.

Coriander seed, orange peel and some other spices. It’s something you can not add to a German Weizen, because they simply can’t add anything else than malt (any malt), yeast, hops and water. The German Reinheitsgebot ( “German Beer Purity Law”).

There are many other Belgian wheat beers out there some better than other, and you have the Austin, Texas Celis White, a perfect copy of the Hoegaarden White because the it’s from the same brewer that made Hoegaarden (famous), after his brewery burned down, Anheuser-Busch InBev bought it and he moved to the US to start over.

Now there are even Wheat sour Lambic beers.

1 Like

The first thing I thought of was of some citric.

As many beers most are ‘famous’ regionally. Tongerlo is an Abbey close to where I used to live, but they have it brewed by Haacht brewery. One of the biggest, still family owned brewers in Belgium. Haacht pays a contribution for charity and maintenance of the still existing abbey to use the ‘Abbey Beer’ label.

Tongerlo double brown is mostly sold as draught, people love that. But they have other beers that are well known. Tongerlo beers are good.

Whoa whoa whoa…don’t accredit me with that abomination of a statement!! :noway::no_no:

I didn’t, the forum software did! :hushed:

Damn near grounds to sue for slander/libel/defamation! :rant:

FYI, you can edit posts… wink wink, nod nod. :praying:

:+1:

1 Like

For real?

For real.
Please enjoy all those TTL fruit beers at 2.5% ABV.

:beers:

Enjoying TTL fruit beers? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :nauseated_face:

The other day you said TTL’s grape beer is better than any Belgian sour lambic.
No wonder you’ve converted to TTL’s side of the aisle.

You better WASH your mouth :astonished: