Is this beer "famous" in its country?

" Velkopopovický Kozel is a Czech lager
The company was bought by SABMiller in 2002 and sold to Asahi Breweries in 2016."

So does people in Poland know and drink it?

IMG_20190522_185503

Not bad at all, but is famous in its country?

Extremely

4 Likes

Ayinger? Locally famous I’d say, yep. Not throughout Germany, but in the south.

1 Like

How would you rate it?

Rating alcoholic beverages is my speciality! It’s a highly scientific process not for the layman, but basically proceed as follows:

First inspect its visual qualities. Then smell it. If you find it pleasant enough, you can proceed to tasting. After you had a few mouthfuls or a few glasses, you can proceed to sharing your opinions on the beer and latest political events with the bartender, other patrons, or random scared looking people on the street outside the bar.

1 Like

xD

Thanks.

I like it a lot. I feel it’s a fine example of the “Helles” variety, which is the standard type of beer typically enjoyed in Bavaria.

As far as I can tell such Helles is not trivial to come by in Taiwan. And no, the locally brewed Buckskin Helles is not a fine example for me (too strong taste). Others that are sometimes available here, and also very good I think, are König Ludwig and Maxlrainer. All 3 are independent smaller breweries, by the way, unlike some other imports.

That being said, I would expect it’s not for everyone. The popular standard Helles (like Augustiner, Tegernseer, …) could be too sweet, weak and watery for people that like it differently. Others, like me, simply call it “very drinkable” :heart_eyes:

Edit: forget all that above, I just saw you had a “Dunkel”, not “Hell” :joy: I like that one, too, but this style is not so popular in Bavaria.

1 Like

Taiwan beer is the best beer you can buy here in Taiwan.
No need to import it all the way from Europe, unless it’s a hefeweizen (Wheat beer with a high yest content)

I wouldn’t say it’s the best Taiwanese beer, but definitely the best Taiwanese beer for the money.

How about this one? Yay or nay? I guess I know the answer.

why a lot of pubs in Taipei insist on sell only overprice ++ “craft” bottle beer ?? I just want a bloody Heineken pint, is too much to ask?? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wrong thread, dude.

I know the first beer you posted, they sell in Australia, is cheapeast you can get

Muy bien.

Very average. Bought it at Family Mart. Tried it before but couldn’t remember if I liked it. I won’t forget again.

IMG_20190528_192022~2

FB_IMG_1559032859665

7-11

I’m going to bring this thread to life for I have some questions about these “deals”. Certainly good prices for Taiwan standards, but still more expensive than prices in Europe. I wonder if these beers are known and how well regarded they are whatever country the come from.

1 Like

https://www.ratebeer.com/ Is quite useful. Most of those have quite poor reviews.

2 Likes

These beers are produced by Pish Breweries of Sloshed Lane.