Is this car worth it?

I bought a new Audi A4 new 7 years ago. Nearing 170000km on the clock. No accidents. But have had to replace wheel bearinga at 160000km, front discs at 150,000.

Parts for imported cars are expensive but then I’ve had a trouble free run. I do lot’s of highway driving so engine gets a good workout, and should last till around 300000km.

Proper servicing every 5000km helps. I drive on some pretty rough roads so some of the steering components have also been replaced.

Another person I know drives ger A4 around 6km a day to work and back. The engine never gets a proper run. The car looks great but the engine isn’t. Mileage alone isnt the factor, it’s really whether the car has been properly serviced and properly run.

I’ve seen many a car break down in the mountains when the tourists come up. Some locals only service the car when they have a problem with it and don’t stick to regular servicing.

Often it’s just a case of the cars engine overheating, or lack of brakes ( usually because they ride the brakes down the mountain instead of using the engine braking ) as the owners never check their fluid levels. You should check the radiator, brakes, transmission, engine, steering, and window wipers. You never know when a seal might start leaking.

Drive w/ the cabbies use. Can’t go wrong w/ a Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, or a Ford (pick your sedan) as the parts are cheap and easy to find.