Is this photo of a giant bat real?

Anywhere state its size? Looks huge but who knows.

2 Likes

“Despite their hulking size, these bats are vegetarian and consume primarily fruit.”

Surely this is the footprint of K-Man

1 Like

Someone in Wuhan is getting hungry as they read this…

6 Likes

these things were popular pets in taiwans restaurants in the 80s, as legend would have it…

On the subject of bats, here’s one horrifying motherfucker:

Buettikofer’s epauletted fruit bat. Real Chernobyl dog bat nightmare shit

2 Likes

Even my technical retardation can call bs on that one!

joker1

2 Likes

Wikipedia says their wing span can go up to 1.5m. Using a rule of thumb on a pic of their extended body:

I’d say their head-to-toe height goes somewhere around 50cm.

But look at those puppy eyes♡ and who wouldn’t want to boop that nose!

1 Like

Thats what im.wondering though. That pic could be tricking our eyes, but the scale seems its much bigger. But.it.looks.pretty clean, no.damage etc so.could.be an easy photoshop maybe. Have seen massive bats in asia, but their bodies are surprisingly not so impressive cinsidering how they looko pened .up.

Holy crap, that is really what they look like. That is one odd animal

Yeah, it’s a mix of tricking perspective and no familiar object to give you a sense of dimensions. The window frame in the background seems like it’s 1m tall where it could just be half that.

Here’s another pic to give a better sense of size (even though there’s some distortion here too, the gloves being larger than the guy’s head):

2 Likes

Just as the video says, bats are adorable. They’re flying doggos :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“But they’re supposed to strike terror in the heart of criminals!”

3 Likes

Dunno if I want one in the house or if I want to just shoot it until there isn’t any more of it.

Then you have these cuties: Honduran white cotton bats

3 Likes

Ya thats the size imu sed to seeing as well. But.the article says they found a giant one, but no size given. Curious just how big one can get. They say they are cave dwellers so.wingspan would be limited to cave size. But.then remembered just how big.some.caves are in the Philippines!

On Boracay at sunset you could see hundreds of fruit bats flying out.