Is Vaping Completely Banned in Taiwan Now?

@Oldpal @Andrew0409

Don’t be a pita. The Galactic Council of Name Calling frowns on both moron and dimwit. :man_judge:

Didnt read much of the thread, just the first couple posts. But general narcotics laws come in these groups of dimwits (sorry yyy): FDA, Tax office, DOJ/public health sector (enter save the children bandwagon) and finally, but, really most importantly, TTL! Seatch their company name name, its got monopoly in the title for christ sake.

People looking for logic where there is none are just as insane by the gang like mentally causing the problem being discussed. Your efforts are best used elsewhere friends :wink:

Ps smoking tobacco is synonomous with being either an idiot or an addict. Im fine with both those so long as people dont fool themselves thinkong its something other than just that. That said it should be a basic human right to be able to smoke that crap. Though i can see the logic in cancelling a persons NHI coverage if they choose to partake in said addiction…maybe discuss nanny state and entitlement. That may be the real discussion worth having.

Vaping (Vapor) is what it says, pulling spiked and flavored steam into your lungs!

And nicotine and whatever chemicals they’ve shoved in there.

I think you get nicotine free juice.

Juice is something I drink, usually healthy, but hey…Marketing.

You can smoke apple juice, chai juice, any juice!

That describes my former son-in-law and it was ridiculous.

Does nicotine cause cancer?

Are vape juices completely free of chemicals that can cause cancer?

I was visiting Taiwan earlier this month and I was using my Juul (e-cig) everywhere I went. I used it everywhere… indoors at various bars and outside on the streets. I might’ve smoked in front of the cops too and no one said anything to me. However, I didn’t know it was illegal but if it was, the locals seemed very lax about it.

2 Likes

Too much gives you a bad headache and can kill you. ( Nicotine poisoning can potentially be deadly, though serious or fatal overdoses are rare.), but not impossible.

’ Until recent years, nicotine poisoning was a relatively rare occurrence and tended to be linked to exposure to insecticides containing the chemical. However, the popularity of vaping or e-cigarettes has seen an increase in reported cases.’

I’ll take that as a no.

Yes. There are no known carcinogens in the vape juices that I’ve seen or used. Of course, I’m sure someone out there has made one with carcinogens in it, but that is not the norm.

The simple fact is that vaping is extremely low risk for users and no risk for bystanders and, as such, legal systems should not be pushing people towards cigarettes by outlawing vape.

I don’t think this is true. They may be low but a lot of them have many. There are no long term research on vaping but some have suggested it may cause it. But most cancer takes year to develop so we don’t know for sure.

It’s a completely unnecessary risk. And it’s not definitive how much risks there are as of now. What you’re doing is also not being completely honest.

I don’t think anyone is saying the gov should.

Also some research suggests nicotine although doesn’t seem to be directly causing of cancer. Can contribute to it by cause DNA damages that would make cancer more likely to form.

1 Like

Carcinogens are not the issue with vaping, vaping can kill you in another way, quicker!

I was surprised by how many people smoke here. I’ve only seen two people vaping (the normal vapes without smell or large clouds), but cigarettes are ridiculously cheap and it seems that everyone likes to shroud people in clouds of cancer. I honestly don’t understand the simultaneous policies of cheap killing sticks and the ban of largely benign (and wholly non-dangerous to others) vapes.

Taichung club having a vape event. Must not be completely illegal.

To add to what tango said, here’s a directory of places all over Taiwan for vaping: hcvape.com

For sure this has been already mentioned, but vaping itself (eg. “Smoking” from vaporizers) seems not banned. Vaping devices are openly sold, together with nicotine-free vaping liquids.

Vaping liquids containing nicotine seem to be banned. Same seems to go for similar tobacco-based products, like e-cigarettes that heat tobacco electrically instead of burning.