Is Vaping Completely Banned in Taiwan Now?

Not THC Cannabis but selling angle is! Giving high strength names to Vape Capsules, totally wrong giving ideas, they come from my Country Britain largest grower of CBD Hemp. I’m disgusted with them.

That was me last year too. I was there for the summer and I figured vaping followed the same laws as cigarettes, since that’s how it is in the states. I was smoking in clubs, on the street, literally anywhere cigs were allowed, I was vaping. Nothing happened, nobody said anything. I didn’t even realize it was illegal until I looked this year when I was looking up where to get Puff Bars and I saw that it’s illegal.

1 Like

Noticed a vape shop just south of Tunghua night market on #111 Tunghua Street.

There are vape shops everywhere openly selling vape juice with nicotine in it. If it’s illegal, no one seems to care.

1 Like

I thought smoking in bars was illegal.

Really? I can’t find any.

Everywhere is probably over stated.
I think its funny its illegal but that are stores, i dont vape nicotine so i dont shop them but i have seen maybe 10 around taiwan. Somewhat Recently i have seen a booth at a famous night market( raohe forgive spelling).
At the night market booth the guy hush hush said he could get me some 420 vape . I laughed when i heard the price.

I’ve still only found one place that doesn’t sell vape juice with nicotine in it. Some of the places don’t display the products, but they bring them out of the back when you ask.

The night market vendor said no nicotine, because of the law. But im sure they would sell it haha

That seems quite different from my experience when I first arrived in Taiwan in 2016 - the several vape shops I checked were adamant they couldn’t sell liquids with nicotine. Seems to have become more widespread since then though, and I’ve noticed a number of new vape shops in the last couple of years.

Aren’t they still pretty expensive here though? I’ve bought a few liquids on Shopee etc. for 400-500 TWD per bottle in the past, but most of the liquids I’ve seen here were like 600-800 TWD per bottle or even more. Seems ridiculously overpriced to me. (For comparison, I’m used to paying like 120-150 TWD per bottle in Malaysia.)

I would say that 300-600 for the ones with nicotine in them are about what I pay. It’s hard for me to think of that as expensive considering what the price of cigarettes would be in the US (I don’t know, perhaps 20 times more expensive than this) or the price of vape juice (about the same as in Taiwan).

The amendment will also regulate the production, import, sale, supply, use, display, and advertising of emerging tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes and heated tobacco products. Violators that manufacture or import banned tobacco products will incur a fine of up to NT$50 million (US$1.67 million), a significant increase from the current NT$50,000 penalty, in a bid to reduce public health hazards, said Wang.

🇫 vaping nicotine

1 Like

This is going to shut down most of the shops I’m sure. They’re all importing nicotine from China and making their own vape juice in the shop m those fines are too high to risk now.

But let’s see if they’re enforced

Soon many vaping foreigners will be stopped and searched by police after this incident:

“… early yesterday morning when police officers conducting vehicle checks found an e-cigarette containing cannabis …”

“… a friend gave him the e-cigarette as a gift at a private party and he did not know that it contained cannabis, but smoked it out of curiosity.” :popcorn: :thinking:

And then there is IQOS! According to someone I spoke to that uses it, the ‘cigarettes’ are legal, the electronic ‘holder’ is not.

News on vaping regulation:

"The New Taipei City Council on Thursday approved an ordinance to ban the sale of e-cigarettes, which would make it the first of the nation’s six special municipalities to impose such a ban if it is approved by the Executive Yuan.

The draft regulation prohibits manufacturing, importation, sale, display and advertising of vaping devices, and heated tobacco products and components without an individual drug or medical device license issued by the city government."

And they dont ban cigarettes?

Wonder why?

Ahem ttl.

Silly people just making the same mistakes all over again.

The usual response to that is it wouldn’t work because too many people are already addicted. Just saying.

Fantastic argument. though vaping is the same drug, just a different tool. Tehnically they arent banning nicotine, but vaporizers. Essential oil community beware haha.

Maybe Vape devices will be legal again when cannabis become illegal.