Is vitamin C/nutrition in general a scam?

Maybe try keto for a while? Sugar feeds the wrong flora and fauna in the digestive track.

Interestingly I ended up in the hospital due in part to a vegetarian diet. I have found that lots of veggies, lots of protein and limited to no sugars works wonders for my digestion.

I guess Viking women had good immune systems and ate lots of meat! However, thatā€™s extremely unscientific lol

In the 80ā€™s I worked for 9 years full time and part time in a health food store. My boss for 6 years had a PhD in nutrition. In those 9 years I read many nutrition books and must have talked to thousands of people about their health. Here are a few thoughts:

-the concept of biogenetic individuality simply means that everyone is different down to the cell level. One person can smoke and drink everyday but live to 120 while another can do everything ā€œrightā€ and die at 40.
-so much is still not known about vitamins and minerals. When I started in the industry we were still selling dolomite (a rock) as a source of calcium. At that point, scientists did not know how minerals were absorbed from the gut into the blood stream and then across cell membranes. Add this lack of knowledge to the factor of biogenetic individualityā€¦the result if we should not dismiss all benefits of supplements nor expect supplements to solve all problems. The future may see many advances in use of supplements.
-I have seen many people, including myself, use supplements to support health. Of course, some people will not believe, for example, that your body uses more vitamin B when under stress and supplements help the body function better while under stress (and yes, what the body does not absorb will be ā€œpissed awayā€).

Stay in tune with your body, keep examining your health issues and what seems to work and not work.

3 Likes

You can get donation poop from healthy person, itā€™s like grafting a tree.

More like eating shit.

Drink beer!

Literally!

It is a life saving procedure, which is currently also being examined as a solution to overweight.

Thatā€™s a proven myth, they misplaced a decimal sign in their testing results.

1 Like

Are you by any chance under weight? I think being underweight can also be bad for immunity.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m underweight for my height, but I might be on the edge. Itā€™s difficult for me to put on weight. Iā€™m one of those awful people who has to really make an effort to gain weight. Thatā€™s why iā€™ve been doing the muscle thing.

the best shit was found to be from the arse of a world war 2 German soldier stationed in Romania

A quiĆ©n se le ocurreā€¦

Everyone says it is healthierā€¦ yes, we should eat more veggies, but not less meat, just less sugars and starches.

Yes. Vegetarian is not per se better, in any case much worse because you eat less types of things. Meat is great, plus vegetarian dishes are often soaked in a lot of shit to make them more ā€œtastyā€.

And no, not everyone says itā€™s healthier. Probably only most vegetarians.

I have found sweating and cardio help with sickness and colds. Sometimes when I feel a little under like a cold is imminent, Iā€™ll exercise and the feeling goes. I get sick about once a year (maybe one bad cold and one minor one that doesnā€™t stop me from working out). The bad thing about that is that Iā€™m such a baby when Iā€™m sick because Iā€™m not used to it.

1 Like

Many people claim that and I even had a experience that seems to point in that direction, but Iā€™m not 100% about it. It could boost your immune system and perhaps burn toxins (?), but who knows.

1 Like

Yes, nutrition is a scam. McDonalds food turns out to be the ideal human diet.

2 Likes

Your body needs vitamin C.

Good and balanced nutrition helps your body overall - hormone balance, gut health, digestion, and will obviously show up on external.

Know that your body is resilient, it is built to keep your healthy and alive. Of course, if you put so much rubbish on it, it wont be able to cope well.

A ā€œgreen smoothieā€ joint has opened up nearby. Maybe this will be the answer to my always-sick woes!

Although in fairness Iā€™ve been in pretty decent health since I first made this thread to complain.