Is vitamin C/nutrition in general a scam?

Less pies and pastries?

Unfortunatelyā€¦

And fruits. Fruits are loaded with sugar. So people who think they are eating healthy and will lose weight by loading on a plate of fruits, would be better off by eating pie.

I like that!

I usually compromise and have a bit of berries, which have less sugar. But bananas, papayas and many others are a no no.

No one checks on milk either, which is also a sugar bomb.

White flesh guavas arenā€™t too sugar-loaded. Dragonfruit isnā€™t too bad, either, although itā€™ll really clear you out if you eat too much of it.

Never mind that the red ones will give you a colon cancer scare the next day.

I always get a UTI scare with the pink pee first.

It turns your pee pink? Are you sure your liver is working properly?

1 Like

Itā€™s more like a faint pinkish orange. Definitely a discernible color change.

Well, orange sounds a little better.

A Trump pee?

IV vitamin fluids are becoming popular and a lot of athletes swear by them as well as everyday people. I will IM vitamin B12 when my workout load is really heavy as well. I donā€™t trust oral vitamin that much, theyā€™re not all made the same and even the most bioavailable ones have really low absorption rates.

Like I said vitamin C is abundant in normal food. You really donā€™t need to go out of your way to get what you need.

Where does one go to get a vitamin IV?

Iā€™m not sure in Taiwan. Itā€™s popular in the US. Iā€™ve even heard China and Korea having student hooked up to one to take exams lol. I thought about starting one, I bet parents will do it for better test results.

No kidding. Pay attention, if you start pooping out your ears, I recommend seeing a professional ASAP.

In the old country B12 injections were common for malnutrition. They were famous for being painful beyond words.

It can burn when you inject. But itā€™s just for a moment. No pain no gain I guess.

Itā€™s okay and good to eat fruits. And I think the scare of eating too much fruit is not equivalent to scare of eating too much carbs from likeā€¦ noodles or rice. Fruits generally have lower carbs, and they have essential nutrients that you need. But then again, you also need to put some effort on moving around and doing exercise to help your body digest those carbs.

What I also apply in my life is VARIETY. Food variety is important because you want to cast a big net of nutrients that each individual food has to offer. Eat some fruits. Some veggies. Two to three different fat sources. Widen up your protein source other than the usual chicken. Eat simple and complex carbs. This is how you become healthy. And this is why I donā€™t really like the idea of veganism or vegetarianism or whatever diet that stick to a limited food sources (because most of the time - one need to take extra supplements to get in missing nutrients).

1 Like

The thing about fruit came from two sources: (1) Atkins induction phase, which tells you not to eat fruit and (2) Robert Lustigā€™s attack on fructose (ie., HFCS).

Neither Atkins nor Lustig said that fruit is bad for you. Atkins was merely pointing out that itā€™ll make keto-adaption go faster if you (temporarily) stop eating it, and Lustig was railing against Coke, ā€œhealthyā€ fruit juice, HFCS used to augment the mouthfeel of low-fat food, and similar problems.

As usual, the media and ā€œprofessional dieticiansā€ (an oxymoron if ever there was one) seized upon completely the wrong end of the stick and started telling people that fruit is one of those evil carbs.

Just when I thought Iā€™d heard every ridiculous ideaā€¦