Is VW Beetle an overpriced car?

Well if they can manage VW, then yes. Audi admits that their technicians can’t always source the faults on their cars though, so that should leave some cause for concern.
Don’t get me wrong, Skoda is still going to be nowhere near as reliable or as practical to local mechanics as Japanese cars. As a European car goes though, they are probably one of the highest in terms of build quality. When I talk about build quality though, I’m referring to the usability and reliability of its components, not what most journalists refer to which is more like overall feel. The overall feel of a Skoda Octavia or Superb is extremely high however and can be likened to any VW or Audi albeit lacking one or two of the extras that you may find on those brands.
I’ve said it before. If Skoda offers a similar option to either of those other brands, then I’d likely take the Skoda.

I would love to see Skoda back in this market. Too bad that VAG know all too well that advertising the fact they make them would be the death knell for VW and a big damper on Audi sales as well.
Noone likes to be reminded that a far cheaper car is damn near as good as the one they paid premium price for. However, without VAG’s seal of German-ness, the Skoda is going to be seen as an even less desirable a European car than the Popel (Opel). Tough marketing dilemma for VAG.

Yeah. Just the odd one or two Taiwanese salesmen that actually had heard of Skoda when it was here commented on it like “Ew, but its made in Czech, and that can’t be a good thing.”
They are completely oblivious to the fact that Skoda since becoming VW owned would always put VW to shame when it came down to reliability. In fact the least reliable of all Golf platformed vehicles produced on the market was…the Golf!

I ever took a ride on a Fabia 1.4L. That was my 1st experience with a ‘VW’, and it felt solid yet comfortable. The driver complained that it was underpowered, as the car was heavy. But as a passenger, I had no complaints whatsoever.

Was the Fabia a Golf or Polo ?

Polo. The Golf is the Octavia. The Superb is the Passat.

What about Beetle itself ? Golf or Polo ?

The Beetle is based on an old Golf platform.

I’m with all the people who pointed that the old beetle was better. I’d buy one anytime! Even more if it’s a cabrio model (the cabrio doesn’t really needs A/C, at least here). Months ago, i was checking one of them that was a really sweet deal… but i had to sell mine for buying that one, and i wasn’t sure about that…

I also agree that the new beetle is OVERpriced around the world, even in Europe.

Basically it’s a Golf with less space in it, which is why sales where extremely slow. If they had made this a low price car with smaller engines it might have been a success.

[quote=“Blaquesmith”]I’m with all the people who pointed that the old beetle was better. I’d buy one anytime! Even more if it’s a cabrio model (the cabrio doesn’t really needs A/C, at least here). Months ago, I was checking one of them that was a really sweet deal… but I had to sell mine for buying that one, and i wasn’t sure about that…

I also agree that the new beetle is OVERpriced around the world, even in Europe.[/quote]

Is the new Beetle a regular patron of the workshops ?