Is witness intimidation a crime in Taiwan?

this is generally what happens when you let businessmen and women open up educational institutes who literally have 0 teaching experience and have absolutely no clue how education should be.

1 Like

Plus with COVID there have been a lot of automatic extensions

That’s for tourists.

Oh i thought it was for anyone

My APRC is on its way and my Legal Chinese is getting better by the day. Sounds like I’m being called to arms. :joy:

No, these are rules you expect the average crappy, unlicensed and solely profit-focused cram school to ignore, not a full-blown school. When I first started, I thought “wow, I’ve never seen this in a school” (in a bad way). Now I’ve made a list of all the illegal things going on and I’m shocked someone hasn’t died or been severely injured, not exaggerating. They’re not some “fire extinguisher must be placed exactly two meters from x or we’ll shut you down” sort of rules that might be broken by accident. They’re laws that were written with the obvious intention of keeping the students and staff of all schools safe. It’s not the Kaoshuing apartment fire level of bad, but if there were a large earthquake or fire, a lot of children absolutely would die.

2 Likes

Well, texhnically its 500,000 capital on your registration, you can withdraw it and use it however you like after. Now they are more strict where th emoney came came from, a bank loan for example wont work anymore. But there are simple work arounds people do. That and the 500k thing is gone now. Its 1 dollar. Im just not sure if a foreigner is required to have the 500k or not at registration. Foreigners hiring themselves for an arc are still required to do that 3 million in income over 3 years though. But you write the receipts, so sales and tax are easily accomplished. Pretty easy process now, especially given you now become free.