Is your Taiwan SO an undercover cop?

Just noticed it mentioned in a blog (truthabouttaiwan.blogspot.com.au … ealit.html). It matches the general paranoia towards expats that I noticed while I was in taiwan.

Not sure if the link lead me to the right place . . . (Thursday, January 5, 2012 the truth (as i see it) about forumosa, tealit, etc ):ponder:

One comment at the end said, “My problem with Forumosa is that it’s next to impossible to join. You get a very snotty email essentially telling you to write an essay on why you should be allowed to join, and then when your essay doesn’t come up to snuff, silence.” :eh:

I joined quite a while back, but when I joined, I was never required to write an essay. I’m pretty sure about that.

ETA- Checkout that blog’s March 12, 2013 entry if you want a good example of how to denigrate all of Asia in 400 words.

[quote=“zender”]Not sure if the link lead me to the right place . . . (Thursday, January 5, 2012 the truth (as i see it) about forumosa, tealit, etc ):ponder:

One comment at the end said, “My problem with Forumosa is that it’s next to impossible to join. You get a very snotty email essentially telling you to write an essay on why you should be allowed to join, and then when your essay doesn’t come up to snuff, silence.” :eh:

I joined quite a while back, but when I joined, I was never required to write an essay. I’m pretty sure about that.[/quote]

Great. So what am I supposed to do with this cup o’ semen? :aiyo:

Come again? :ponder:

Classic: Sneak ad for Taiwanese.

This guy must be friends with Winston Wu.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]

This guy must be friends with Winston Wu.[/quote]

Just another expat in need of some chicory in his life. His tears, when added to some whiskey and a splash of vermouth make a great Manhattan.

:bravo:

I followed up with one of our own. :sunglasses:

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Classic: Sneak ad for Taiwanese.

[/quote]

Because they wanted to find a way to reach all 30 of this guys followers.

This whole thread could be a sneak ad for “the truth about taiwan”

can someone provide the correct link that the OP fails to, I am curious about this.

It works for me. Maybe try a different browser.???

solid turd

You mean the general paranoia of expats right? :slight_smile:

I feel like I’m critical of Taiwan every week on here. I know there are a lot of times that criticisms are stifled but typically that is when criticisms are considered unjust by opposing posters. That’s kind of the way the internet works.

I think he could rename his site to: ‘I want to bitch and I only want people to agree with me’.

What on earth are female cops trying to entrap expats into doing?

No idea, but I want to try.

No idea, but I want to try.[/quote]

Thems are wily inscrutable Oh-rientuls, trying to steal your precious fluids. Probably still not a bad night out, though.

But seriously. Message to the blog warrior: a lot of the expats are boring mean nutsacks? So? Aren’t a lot of the people in your home country the same? Just stop playing with them if you don’t like them. Do your own thing and have more fun. Honestly, it’s so so easy to criticize people on the internet because we lay down all our wankerdom for all to see in b&w, but what’s the point? You could be learning something new or writing a song or painting your toenails or a hundred things that are more interesting than telling a stupid man why he’s stupid or a mean man how he is mean. I’ll let you into a secret: no man has ever changed his opinion of himself as a result of a blog rant so if you’re expecting to hear ‘Why yes, I AM a depressing little freakball with connections to the Illuminati! Thank you for pointing that out! btw, you’re so witty and clever!’, then you’ll never be successful in your quest. It just makes you look like a teenage drama queen.

Ranting is like telling everyone you have a sore back. Most will sympathise. Many won’t empathise because they don’t know how it feels to have that painful experience. 678 strangers will tell you a bunch of pointless anecdotes about when they had a sore back. Some will give you bad advice or partial advice. But what you really need is a hot bath, a massage, lots of rest, a bit of mindfulness and the help of a professional.

And stop your silly blogging until you can create something, and not just express your endless minutiae.

Ahhhh Ermitrude. To read you is to love you.

I’m going to be slightly less kind to our intrepid little blogger though. Since I’m sure he’ll read this. This is regarding the “How to meet girls in Taiwan” post.
Hello little Sunshine (lin?) have you ever been stuck on a long flight next to someone who keeps trying to talk to you? You pop your earphones in, open your book, look away from them, and on and on they yammer?

When you “pretend not to have a seat too” and “keep the conversation going” with a woman on public transportation, 99 times out of 100, she feels exactly how you would feel on that long-haul flight next to a chatty cathy- and she just doesn’t know how to get you to shut up in a polite way.
She’s not trying to “emasculate” you when she appears not to want to talk. She just doesn’t. want. to. talk. So please be mindful of the “signs” if you can read them, and leave the poor girl alone.

Some other women can weigh in here if they disagree, but I believe the vast majority of women would prefer to meet men through friends, work, church, or when they are out at a place where they want to meet people. Public transportation is generally for…well, transportation. Chances are if you deem her attractive enough to approach, she gets loads of unwanted attention already.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of all women, everywhere, forever, amen.

What a strange site that is. It’s even got a page going on about what’s wrong with Chinese New Year. Anyway, I had a pretty good time in Taipei today, so I posted about it on their site. Thought it might cheer them up a bit. :whistle:

Lin’ll flame you. In the interests of free speech.

‘Is Ma a crypto-Muslim?’
‘tons of cold comes thru glass via osmosis’
‘meet as many girls as you can. the ones that diss you, ie., try to emasculate you, drop them like the ugly cunt that they are.’
‘while on the subject of bleeding vaginas, i find some taiwan girls all to willing to tell you about their period. i really want to ask them, " so if we’re going to talk about your bleeding vagina, does that mean next week when it stops bleeding we can keep talking about it? will i be able to use the vagina?". these bitches are just using guys as girlfriends when the girls aren’t around. and talkng about their bleeding pussy (which they’re never going to let him use) is the ultimate slap in the face to a real man, and they know it.’
‘I’ll be back with even harder hitting articles, asking the questions that need to be asked.’

TEEHEES. Kid’s a comedy genius.

You’re just a member of the cliche that stifles free speech.