Is zuker safe? Any housing recommendations?

We had that in the home country in some cities, until the Russian and Albanian mafia came to town.

I mean if he rents something far out beyond Heping and Zhongxing… he’ll be renting in Wanhua. A newbie wouldn’t know.

Their website is fancy. I have visited Zuker Elite before contract and the building and its surroundings were not the one I expected. So I used 591. Get help from Google Translator

There is an FB place where, swear to Buddha, they show the same room as over and over.

Or worse: those places that advertise like you get the whole house…and charge 35k for the honor of half a room…in a shared flat with 8 other people.

And people take it and then complain. But it is only a bus ride away from the MRT…or worse: they complain about the noise…living on an office space right on a main road in downtown Taipei…

2 Likes

This looks pretty decent

By the way, I’ve heard that water heaters in Taiwan are mostly/all gas powered. Is that true? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but how convenient is it to schedule gas tank replacements? Also any risk of things blowing up?

Gas tank based heater is the most common. There are two options for gas: tank or piped. Modern stuff piped in is safer and convenient. Tank is not that safe nor convenient.

Most importantly is the placement of heater; if indoors: RUN! Do not rent. The danger of gas poisoning is very real, locals and several foreigners have paid with their lives. The results are horrible. If outdoor, watch for air circulation. Same horrible fate may occur if the gas is blocked. And this may happen even if piped, so, beware.

Hence, blowing up is not the main danger.

2 Likes