Ishigaki by ferry?

Is it possible to go to Ishigaki island by ferry, taking your own motorcycle on it?

Last year there was a boat going there ONLY for gambling, I think it didn’t even get to the island itself… and I read something about some lines going from Hualien (?).

I think every monday there’s a boat from Suao called 麗娜輪 that goes to Ishigaki. The problem is it will only head out with 400 onboard.

Uhmmm 400 is actually a lot of people. Do you know the name of the company or boat?

麗娜輪 seems to be the name of the boat, but the ferry was damaged by a typhoon, and is not operated till the end of September.

The name of company is
Wagon group
Uni-Wagon Marine Co Ltd
J&T Shipping Co Ltd

Thanks.

Let’s refloat this thread again.

I’m also interested. Just took a look at the website for the ferry mentioned above.
http://rera.tourking.com.tw/rerain/ishigaki20160602.php
It seems he means it won’t leave unless there’s at least 400 people. It doesn’t start it’s service to the islands until July 4th (actually it says Monday but 4/7 is a Wednesday??) and leaves and returns once a week for an estimated 10 trips.
Looks like the only return service is the same day so you have the choice of staying half a day, staying a week or flying back - although actually I’m not sure you can even do that; the tickets might just be for the same day return. Doesn’t look like you can buy a one way ticket

Return ticket costs 7500NTD return, minus 1000 if you buy before 8th June. I think you can bring a bicycle on for free. There’s also 2 different tour options for 3500/4000 (meals, tour guide, stuff like that).
Boat arrives midday and leaves 7:30pm
Those are the main things I could gather. It looks like you’d spend half as much as you would flying but if you can indeed only stay 7 hours then it kinda blows in my opinion.