"Islamization" of Paris a Warning to the West

‘Islamization’ of Paris a Warning to the West
cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2010/A … -the-West/

[spoiler]PARIS - Friday in Paris. A hidden camera shows streets blocked by huge crowds of Muslim worshippers and enforced by a private security force.

This is all illegal in France: the public worship, the blocked streets, and the private security. But the police have been ordered not to intervene.

It shows that even though some in the French government want to get tough with Muslims and ban the burqa, other parts of the French government continue to give Islam a privileged status.

An ordinary French citizen who has been watching the Islamization of Paris decided that the world needed to see what was happening to his city. He used a hidden camera to start posting videos on YouTube. His life has been threatened and so he uses the alias of "Maxime Lepante. "

Lepante’s View

His camera shows that Muslims “are blocking the streets with barriers. They are praying on the ground. And the inhabitants of this district cannot leave their homes, nor go into their homes during those prayers.”

“The Muslims taking over those streets do not have any authorization. They do not go to the police headquarters, so it’s completely illegal,” he says.

The Muslims in the street have been granted unofficial rights that no Christian group is likely to get under France’s Laicite’, or secularism law.

“It says people have the right to share any belief they want, any religion,” Lepante explained. “But they have to practice at home or in the mosque, synagogues, churches and so on.”

Some say Muslims must pray in the street because they need a larger mosque. But Lepante has observed cars coming from other parts of Paris, and he believes it is a weekly display of growing Muslim power.

“They are coming there to show that they can take over some French streets to show that they can conquer a part of the French territory,” he said.

France’s Islamic Future?

If France faces an Islamic future, a Russian author has already written about it. The novel is called “The Mosque of Notre Dame, 2048,” a bestseller in Russia, not in France.

French publisher Jean Robin said the French media ignored the book because it was politically incorrect.

“Islam is seen as the religion of the poor people, so you can’t say to the poor people, ‘You’re wrong,’ otherwise, you’re a fascist,” Robin explained.

The book lays out a dark future when France has become a Muslim nation, and the famous cathedral has been turned into a mosque.

Whether that plot is farfetched depends on whom you ask. Muslims are said to be no more than 10 percent of the French population, although no one knows for sure because French law prohibits population counts by religion.

But the Muslim birthrate is significantly higher than for the native French. Some Muslim men practice polygamy, with each extra wife having children and collecting a welfare check.

“The problem of Islam is more than a problem of numbers,” said French philosopher Radu Stoenescu, an Islamic expert who debates Muslim leaders on French TV. “The problem is one of principles. It’s an open question. Is Islam an ideology or just a creed?”

“It doesn’t matter how many there are,” he aded. “The problem is the people who follow Islam; they’re somehow in a political party, which has a political agenda, which means basically implementing Sharia and building an Islamic state.”

In Denial or Fed Up

From the 1980s until recently, criticizing or opposing Islam was considered a social taboo, and so the government and media effectively helped Islam spread throughout France.

“We were expecting Islam to adapt to France and it is France adapting to Islam,” Robin said.

About the burqa controversy, one French Muslim man told a reporter that Europeans should respect Muslim dress. One Parisian woman wearing a headscarf said “the veil is in the Koran” and “we only submit to God and nobody else.”

But even if many government elites are in France are in denial over Islam, the people in the streets increasingly are not. Some have become fed up with what they see as the growing Islamization of France.

They’ve started staging pork and wine “aperitifs,” or cocktail parties in the street. They’re patriotic demonstrations meant to strike back against Islam. Another national demonstration is planned for Saturday, Sept. 4.

A Warning to the West

The French parliament is expected to debate the burqa law in September. Jean-Francois Cope, president of the Union for a Popular Movement political party, has a warning for the West and for America.

“We cannot accept the development of such practice because it’s not compatible with the life in a modern society, you see,” he said. "And this question is not only a French question. You will all have to face this challenge. "

[quote]

PARIS - Friday in Paris. A hidden camera shows streets blocked by huge crowds of Muslim worshippers and enforced by a private security force.

This is all illegal in France: the public worship, the blocked streets, and the private security. But the police have been ordered not to intervene.

It shows that even though some in the French government want to get tough with Muslims and ban the burqa, other parts of the French government continue to give Islam a privileged status.

An ordinary French citizen who has been watching the Islamization of Paris decided that the world needed to see what was happening to his city. He used a hidden camera to start posting videos on YouTube. His life has been threatened and so he uses the alias of "Maxime Lepante. "

Lepante’s View

His camera shows that Muslims “are blocking the streets with barriers. They are praying on the ground. And the inhabitants of this district cannot leave their homes, nor go into their homes during those prayers.”

“The Muslims taking over those streets do not have any authorization. They do not go to the police headquarters, so it’s completely illegal,” he says.

The Muslims in the street have been granted unofficial rights that no Christian group is likely to get under France’s Laicite’, or secularism law.

“It says people have the right to share any belief they want, any religion,” Lepante explained. “But they have to practice at home or in the mosque, synagogues, churches and so on.”

Some say Muslims must pray in the street because they need a larger mosque. But Lepante has observed cars coming from other parts of Paris, and he believes it is a weekly display of growing Muslim power.

“They are coming there to show that they can take over some French streets to show that they can conquer a part of the French territory,” he said.

France’s Islamic Future?

If France faces an Islamic future, a Russian author has already written about it. The novel is called “The Mosque of Notre Dame, 2048,” a bestseller in Russia, not in France.

French publisher Jean Robin said the French media ignored the book because it was politically incorrect.

“Islam is seen as the religion of the poor people, so you can’t say to the poor people, ‘You’re wrong,’ otherwise, you’re a fascist,” Robin explained.

The book lays out a dark future when France has become a Muslim nation, and the famous cathedral has been turned into a mosque.

Whether that plot is farfetched depends on whom you ask. Muslims are said to be no more than 10 percent of the French population, although no one knows for sure because French law prohibits population counts by religion.

But the Muslim birthrate is significantly higher than for the native French. Some Muslim men practice polygamy, with each extra wife having children and collecting a welfare check.

“The problem of Islam is more than a problem of numbers,” said French philosopher Radu Stoenescu, an Islamic expert who debates Muslim leaders on French TV. “The problem is one of principles. It’s an open question. Is Islam an ideology or just a creed?”

“It doesn’t matter how many there are,” he aded. “The problem is the people who follow Islam; they’re somehow in a political party, which has a political agenda, which means basically implementing Sharia and building an Islamic state.”

In Denial or Fed Up

From the 1980s until recently, criticizing or opposing Islam was considered a social taboo, and so the government and media effectively helped Islam spread throughout France.

“We were expecting Islam to adapt to France and it is France adapting to Islam,” Robin said.

About the burqa controversy, one French Muslim man told a reporter that Europeans should respect Muslim dress. One Parisian woman wearing a headscarf said “the veil is in the Koran” and “we only submit to God and nobody else.”

But even if many government elites are in France are in denial over Islam, the people in the streets increasingly are not. Some have become fed up with what they see as the growing Islamization of France.

They’ve started staging pork and wine “aperitifs,” or cocktail parties in the street. They’re patriotic demonstrations meant to strike back against Islam. Another national demonstration is planned for Saturday, Sept. 4.

A Warning to the West

The French parliament is expected to debate the burqa law in September. Jean-Francois Cope, president of the Union for a Popular Movement political party, has a warning for the West and for America.

“We cannot accept the development of such practice because it’s not compatible with the life in a modern society, you see,” he said. "And this question is not only a French question. You will all have to face this challenge. "
[/quote][/spoiler]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZU6KYgz-14

Video here: cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2010/A … -the-West/

This is such an interesting issue to watch. I like his point about how it is “politically incoorect” to criticize Muslims becuase doing so will get you called a fascist. Yet, who is taking over the streets in these videos?

It’s going to happen in more places in the West. At least we can count on China and Russia not to fall.

EDIT: Holy Batman, Sandman, you were right. What did I do. I’m putting that whole mess in a spoiler and taking a nap. Here, F.Com, have a video and some of my opinions.

A couple of paragraphs and a link is all that’s required. Its against the site rules to post great screeds of cut-and-pasted articles. If people are interested in it, they’ll click on the links. Especially since you basically don’t have an opinion to offer other than three lines at the end to say you find it interesting. :unamused:

I know, Sandman. I just don’t know what part of that article to edit out. It’s all relevant. What else is there to say? That I find it shocking?

Actually, I want to type up a long opinion piece about how I wonder if it is the reluctance to criticize Muslims that leads to the European and Canadian fascination with the Religious Right in America. It makes a lot of sense. They are effectively muzzled from criticizing the religion in their backyard that’s REALLY getting to them, so they criticize the safe target: the good ol’ love-to-hate USA that they can criticize freely without any fear of being accused of criticizing brown people (even though the USA is mostly brown, but let’s just forget that.), and furthermore, Christians aren’t known to bomb subways in London or Madrid or murder political cartoonists across Europe.

It all makes sense now, actually.

And the video footage is :noway: I’d poop my pants if I saw that happening in Toronto.

I’m tired Sandman, sprinkle some sand in my eyes, I need a nap.

Christians have, however, been known to bomb federal buildings, gay bars and abortion clinics, and murder doctors in cold blood.

I know, Sandman. I just don’t know what part of that article to edit out. It’s all relevant. What else is there to say? That I find it shocking?

Actually, I want to type up a long opinion piece about how I wonder if it is the reluctance to criticize Muslims that leads to the European and Canadian fascination with the Religious Right in America. It makes a lot of sense. They are effectively muzzled from criticizing the religion in their backyard that’s REALLY getting to them, so they criticize the safe target: the good ol’ love-to-hate USA that they can criticize freely without any fear of being accused of criticizing brown people (even though the USA is mostly brown, but let’s just forget that.), and furthermore, Christians aren’t known to bomb subways in London or Madrid or murder political cartoonists across Europe.

It all makes sense now, actually.

.[/quote]

Christians are however known for invading sovereign nations for no good reason.

Sent from an Android

The politicians may stick their heads in the sand. At some point though, things will come to a head. Anti-Muslim vigilante groups will start taking the law into their own hands. Sometimes, a confrontation will be set off by the anti-Muslim vigilantes, sometimes by Muslims, and there will be a series of escalations. At some point, the government will have to intervene, including getting the police to monitor both sides. A greater police presence in France would not serve it well as there’d be a general clamp down on civil liberties, but it will happen. Expect a lurch to the right in coming decades as ordinary French people feel increasingly backed into a corner. I don’t think France, or Europe, will become Islamified. I would have written that twelve months ago, but I actually think the French, and Europeans in general, may yet have the vestiges of a pair.

It’s ironic that religion is probably the greatest source of evil in the world. How the hell did that happen?

I say that as a christian.

No doubt Chris will chime in soon with the reason why and no doubt he’ll be correct.

Oh, the shame! The shame!

I highly doubt that.

the USA is still 75% white.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographi … ted_States

[quote=“politbureau”]It’s ironic that religion is probably the greatest source of evil in the world. How the hell did that happen?

I say that as a christian.

No doubt Chris will chime in soon with the reason why and no doubt he’ll be correct.[/quote]
Religion can be a source of great good (e.g. charitable works), but also of great evil (Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials, 9/11).

In general, evil acts, to garner public support, need justification. Unlike other forms of justification (e.g. protection against an enemy), religious justification capitalizes on an untestable yet unassailable authority–deity. “It’s [insert name of god here]'s will.” Those who oppose the acts oppose not (just) one’s country, not (just) one’s people, not (just) one’s culture, but god.

And anyone dare question it (e.g. pointing out scripture that contradicts the evil acts), they commit the sin of questioning god.

Did anyone actually watch the video? This has got to be the worse pile of racist garbage I have seen recently. There is no private security blocking streets. People CAN go in and out of their house if they need to. The people who are gathering in that location appear to be very peaceful. People are just minding their own business in that video.

Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s what I see when I look at the video. The two guys you see directing traffic aren’t blocking the road at all. They are actually helping cars get through a very crowded crosswalk. It looks to me as if they are actually taking measures to try not to inconvenience nearby residents more than they already are. Probably just a couple of volunteers helping out a local Muslim coalition or committee of some kind.

Bigotry in its hideous form. Have you tried going to a busy weekend market lately? They have traffic police at every intersection and it’s still complete chaos. Bumper to bumper, people everywhere, pushy people, nasty odors floating around, exhaust fumes, you name it. It’s just “normal” people doing what “normal” people do.

Right. If you’re a Muslim, on the other hand, you have no right to even think about slowing down traffic. Some people like to go to the market, but you like to spend time praying together instead. Don’t even think about it. Back off! They have mini donuts covered with cinnamon and they have hot dogs at the market. :hand:

The scary thing is that the street was taken over. It’s scary when any group does that.

If you think that’s scary though check out this wing nut…

newser.com/story/96498/pasto … er-11.html

abcnews.go.com/WN/Afghanistan/bu … d=11569820

Meanwhile, it turns out that Rhmadan this year coincides with the anniversary of 911. So far Muslims groups are advising that celebrations be toned down a bit or switched to a different day.

Is that ironic?

Robin: Except public religious demonstrations are not allowed in France. If a bunch of Buddhists, or even Christians (no, especially Christians), tried to do it, they’d be told to move along, and they would indeed move along. The general populace would support the police and local government in telling such people to move along also, claiming that France is a secular state, etc. When it comes to Islam, everyone starts wringing their hands though, either because they don’t want to be seen as fascist, racist or anything else, or because they don’t want yet another few hundred cars to be set on fire. The trouble is that Islam in Europe has drawn a whole lot of lines in the sand, almost as though it’s looking for a confrontation, and the moment anyone crosses one of those lines, all hell breaks loose and shit burns or people are stabbed.

That’s actually not true. Public religious ceremonies are perfectly permissible in France.

Is that article wrong then? Can anyone enlighten me?

[quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]Robin: Except public religious demonstrations are not allowed in France.[/quote]Where did you get that from? The article posted by the OP? It’s racist garbage.

From the article:

[quote]PARIS - Friday in Paris. A hidden camera shows streets blocked by huge crowds of Muslim worshippers and enforced by a private security force.

This is all illegal in France: (1)the public worship, (2)the blocked streets, and the (3)private security. [/quote]

1- The last I checked, churches, temples, mosques and synagogues are public places.

2-According to the video, no streets are blocked.

3- I just watched the beginning of the video again with the volume up. My French is inexistent but I know the word voiture. You can hear the two guys saying that word repeatedly while signaling pedestrians to let the cars through. How evil is that! :hand:

The article is wrong. There is no law in France banning participating or observing a religeous service in public areas.

There is a law which prevents the government funding or supporting any religion. As part of that law no religious signs are allowed to be affixed to government buildings, including government-funded schools. Recently, due to the inconsistent application of the law in schools, the French government passed a law which prevents anyone attending a government funded schools from wearing any religious symbols.

I hope you are now suitably enlightened.

greenmark: Any links (in English) to relevant sections of the law?

Yeah, greenmark, you’d better give us a link to the non-law (anti-law? wal? legal koan?), or your credibility’s gonna be shot. And we’d prefer to see it in English.

I’ll help out with the legal research. If I recall rightly, the statute should read something like this:

You could probably find it on Google using the following words:

Of course, if you can’t find it in English, we’ll reluctantly permit googling for it in French. I consulted a French legal dictionary and came up with the following helpful search terms:

؟

I suggest looking up the 1905 law separating church and state in France and the “headscarf law” passed in 2008.

But mate, the onus of proof of the existence of a ban is on you. You made the (likely spurious) assertion initially that there is such a ban. I’m not going to try to prove its non-existence as you well know it is impossible to prove the non-existence of anything (for example try proving the non-existence of the Loch Ness Monster).

If such a ban exists then it should be quite easy for you to find it in the French legal code. I would be then be willing to retract my statement and accept your finding.

If you do find that such a ban exists, I would also welcome you showing me how this ban was applied when the Pope held a public Mass in Paris in 2008. As I recall, there seem to be quite a few thousand people who were observing a religious ceremony out on the street then. Or similarly for any Hare Krishna celebrations in Paris that are well documented on the web.

[quote=“greenmark”]
But mate, the onus of proof of the existence of a ban is on you. You made the (likely spurious) assertion initially that there is such a ban. [/quote]I think it was Guy who wrote that, not Charlie. But Charlie appears to be in agreement with Guy anyhow.